Thread: I don't want right wingers to be "OK with" Obama winning at all or to "accept it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm so pissed off. I"m pulling my hair out. I think I'll start a web forum. I"m gonna call it Conservative Underground. :D :D :D

One thing that sticks out in my mind. Do you see Obama when he came on stage to acknowlege his victory? It wasn't like a conqureror, it wasn't pompous or arrogant or in your face. He moved slowly and looked serious, almost wounded. It was as if he finally felt the weight of the task before him.

Maybe he will realize that as the first African-American he has a responsibility to govern and represent what's good for all the country. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he is wise enough to see the truth about some of the policies his side has championed in the past.

If he disowns and distances himself from the cancer in his party that is best represented by those at the du, then he will gain my respect and I can hope that he is on the road to taking the democratic party back to where it was at least a worthy opposition. Time will surely tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    One thing that sticks out in my mind. Do you see Obama when he came on stage to acknowlege his victory? It wasn't like a conqureror, it wasn't pompous or arrogant or in your face. He moved slowly and looked serious, almost wounded. It was as if he finally felt the weight of the task before him.

Maybe he will realize that as the first African-American he has a responsibility to govern and represent what's good for all the country. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he is wise enough to see the truth about some of the policies his side has championed in the past.

If he disowns and distances himself from the cancer in his party that is best represented by those at the du, then he will gain my respect and I can hope that he is on the road to taking the democratic party back to where it was at least a worthy opposition. Time will surely tell.
    I agree.

But if does this then happen DU will turn on the president elect in half a heart beat.

No, victory has not drawn the poison of hate from DU; it now seeks a new victim.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I have little doubt that he'll back up on some of the promises that, in funding terms, are numerically impossible. Typical "anything to get elected" crap.
    I'm afraid I don't read his somberness as anything more than an attempt to appear as you describe. Being in regular White House briefings since August on international matters, as well as his normal advisers, the immensity of this moment isn't just occurring to him. He's still playing the public-persona part of the deal. Then again, I have no trust for anybody who comes from the Chicago political machine. They have a history of doing their business in ways that won't cut it in the White House.

Before the election, I had a discussion about it with a fairly racist person. He said that he was actually voting for Obama because he knew that as the first African-American president he wouldn't dare screw it up. Right or wrong, to some people, the reputation of all African-Americans rests on his shoulders.

I am hoping and praying that he really will be a good president, who really will try to make people from all political parties content during his presidency.

As I suspected, for a lot on DU it was not so much about politics but about revenge. The fact that conservatives aren't crying in the street or jumping off of building over President-elect Obama is killing them. They are comming to the realization that the fact that a lot of republicans are willing to give the guy a chance shows just how truly small minded they are. If played right this could be even better than a win for McCain.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

BSR
    Tough shit DUmmy. Obama has been elected president and I will now give him the respect of the office. I don't like his policies, but he's still my president for the next 4 years.

That's what makes us better people than you. We can disagree with Obama and still give him the respect that goes with the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I LOVE how they think Republicans are going away and they have no roadblocks to their plans lol

They have to still reach across the isle in the Senate, FUCK who am I kidding the RINO's will be falling over themselves try to help the Dims :(
    Damn, you're right! :(
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Damn, you're right! :(

I see no spine in the RINO's in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I see no spine in the RINO's in the Senate.
    Wait until Sara Palin is elected to fill Stevens' seat. She will shame them into action.