Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Does being made to stand all day - chained in a darkened cell - violate the Geneva convention and/or just plain human decency?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Does being made to stand all day - chained in a darkened cell - violate the Geneva convention and/or just plain human decency?
    No.

SO LP..I asked...what will you charge him with? What laws has he broken?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

I know most libs aren't used to a hard days workd, but there's probably miliions of waitressses, fast food workers, bank tellers, and general laborers that do. Just they do it without first having tried to kill American soldiers and/or civilians. Now sawing someone's head off with a dull knife. That seems kinda mean to me. Maybe it's just me, but I saw the Nicholas Berg video and that seems just a touch worse.

Devil Girl Donating Member (978 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Nov-05-08 12:13 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. totally.

Go investigate Obama!
    The irony of your lack of grammatical skills is amazing.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    The irony of your lack of grammatical skills is amazing.
    I know. I had to read it a couple of times.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I know most libs aren't used to a hard days workd, but there's probably miliions of waitressses, fast food workers, bank tellers, and general laborers that do. Just they do it without first having tried to kill American soldiers and/or civilians. Now sawing someone's head off with a dull knife. That seems kinda mean to me. Maybe it's just me, but I saw the Nicholas Berg video and that seems just a touch worse.
    And I understand what you are saying - but that's them, not us.

Ever try to stand in a single place for 8-10 hours without moving around? And then repeat it daily for a month? You are speaking two separate universes - so save the crap. We're supposed to be better, remember?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sounds like a "trade bindery" I once worked for in Minneapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    No.

SO LP..I asked...what will you charge him with? What laws has he broken?
    Rumsfeld? Common human decency - read the PDF and reference his arrogant attitude in his own hand at the bottom of the document.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Rumsfeld? Common human decency - read the PDF and reference his arrogant attitude in his own hand at the bottom of the document.
    You want to charge him with violating common human decency?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You want to charge him with violating common human decency?
    No dingbat - lack there of. (shouldn't you be resting in your dirt filled box right now?)