Thread: Would you adopt this dog? Warning, graphic pic.

1. #1 Would you adopt this dog? Warning, graphic pic. 
    Greyhounds generally don't make good watchdogs. This poor, sweet boy would scare anyone to death if they tried breaking into the house. SR and I just returned from the Rescued Racers annual picnic, to raise funds to pay the vet bills for the many special needs dogs they save.

I'm amazed that the people at the greyhound farm let this poor animal survive. We saw him at the picnic and gave him a pet. I'm glad that I had my sunglasses on, as couldn't help crying seeing this pooch.

http://www.rescuedracers.com/index.asp

SPECIAL NEEDS GUY - FACE THE WIND

As you can see by his picture, Ace is a very special needs guy. He is a year old and is doing great on the greyhound farm. When Ace was a puppy, another brood mom somehow got into their pen and bit his face leaving the damage you see today.

Other than having specific chewing issues, Ace acts just like a normal 2.5 yr old greyhound. He does require teeth brushing several times a day and does drool more than the average greyhound. But he is happy and a very nice boy. He loves people and children.

snip

Follow the link and see the other pooches up for adoption. If anyone is thinking of getting a pet, think about greys as I'm s ure there are groups in your area.

Say a little prayer that some kind soul finds it in their heart to give him a home. We're up to our legal limit, or he might have had a home. Have heard comments about "Three!" around here, so knew that can't break the county ordinance of 3 dogs, max.

That is a very hard picture to look at. Maybe a disclaimer before the pic...poor thing.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The pooch in the pic is a sweet dog. Lots of greys came up to him when we were standing there including Darlene and he gave them all slurpy kisses. But no question he will be a tough one to adopt out. :(

Sometimes the special needs dogs bring out the special people.. I would be surprised if he doesn't find a home. He has very nice eyes.

I would not be bothered by his appearance, but would probably not like having to brush his teeth 3 times a day. The guy will have the cleanest teeth ever, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Sometimes the special needs dogs bring out the special people.. I would be surprised if he doesn't find a home. He has very nice eyes.

I would not be bothered by his appearance, but would probably not like having to brush his teeth 3 times a day. The guy will have the cleanest teeth ever, though.
    He was the sweetest dog, just stole my heart. I've been thinking about him a lot tonight.

We need to brush our hounds teeth more, feel guilty that always too busy. Jumpy are the corgi's still your favorites?
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 06-15-2008 at 10:16 PM.