Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 11-05-2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

How fitting, TNO over here to gloat. :D

And I believe Sonna's point is proven by your oh-so-few links. Obama already has nationwide coverage with no actual threat being presented.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    How fitting, TNO over here to gloat. :D

And I believe Sonna's point is proven by your oh-so-few links. Obama already has nationwide coverage with no actual threat being presented.
    I don't think that anything I've posted here can be fairly described as gloating... which isn't to say that I'm above gloating. :D
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Sonnabend
    Then get lost. Go gloat on DU.

And I cited FIVE...there were at least three from DU and more if I was to take the time and dig them all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Then get lost. Go gloat on DU.

And I cited FIVE...there were at least three from DU and more if I was to take the time and dig them all up.
    You are padding. Only two are legitimate. Learn that exaggerating never works on the Internet because everyone on it has access to the same information.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    You claimed that the media has remained silent about "a large number of death threats" against President Bush and yet you've cited only two so far.

Math not your strong suit. I counted 5. The DU reference was not a direct citing of the threat, but Skinner's warning for DU members to cool it. In reality it probably represents more. Of the four actual cases cited, I haven't heard squat on any of them and I'm a news junkie. But I did hear plenty about two deranged white supremists (sp) . I say Sonna has a point.

To be honest, I think the Secret Service should be more concerned with Obama's safety. Most of the threats on Bush are probably keyboard commandos. The Secret Service has probably asked many a mother where little Johnny is only to be shown his apartment down in the basement. What are they going to do throw Cheetos at him. Most of them wouldn't know which end of a gun to hold and would probably pee themselves at any real confrontation.

The white hate groups, Skinheads et al. They are a different story. This has nothing to do with politics. Most of these boneheads are to stupid to vote, but they do know how to use a rifle and hate has been preached into them.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Math not your strong suit. I counted 5. The DU reference was not a direct citing of the threat, but Skinner's warning for DU members to cool it. In reality it probably represents more. Of the four actual cases cited, I haven't heard squat on any of them and I'm a news junkie. But I did hear plenty about two deranged white supremists (sp) . I say Sonna has a point.
    The 13 year old? The vampire guy? The filmmaker? Come on.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The 13 year old? The vampire guy? The filmmaker? Come on.

When I was in Close Up in high school, we went on a field trip to the municipal building in downtown Grand Rapids. One of the hearings we sat in on was a crazy guy who had made threats against then President Reagan. It was a criminal hearing, but the guy probably got sent to the mental hospital, not to the prison.

My best friend, who is black, called me at about 11 pm on Tuesday, happy about the election, but scared that someone is going to kill Obama. I told her that I had confidence in the Secret Service, as no one has come close to killing a President since Reagan was shot. I think that law enforcement has people inside the major hate groups that would be the obvious people to worry about, so I told her that, too.

There are some dangerous people out there, though, and that's why Colin Powell didn't run for president in 2000-his wife was scared someone would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl View Post
    24 probably scared him.
    And yes he does send out Anti-Christ vibes.
    When the Anti-Christ comes, there won't be a thousand emails warning everyone.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad