Thread: Assassination fears surround Barack Obama

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The 13 year old? The vampire guy? The filmmaker? Come on.
    Oh please, look at some of the things that they have used for death threats against Obama. The "white tuxedos" who were just going to drive up to Obama's house with a load of guns, and a guy who happened to be driving near Obama's campaign with a rifle in his car.

I'm not saying all threats against a President shouldn't be taken seriously, but to ignore the threats against Bush and pretend that Obama is the first to deal with this type of problem is asanine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Soonabend.....that is so on target it is almost scary :)

You claimed that the media has remained silent about "a large number of death threats" against President Bush and yet you've cited only two so far.

maybe it's just me....but how can you cite something that is not reported by the media or any source.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeenie View Post
    maybe it's just me....but how can you cite something that is not reported by the media or any source.
    I was sorta scratching my head at him asking such a stupid question too.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Resident Grump
    Compare the incidences I have shown you and drawn your own conclusions. Front page news of a "possible threat" to Obama, real threats against Pres Bush and not one word on any of them.

Not in the last eight years have I seen ONE of the incidents I have listed (or any others for that matter) on the front page.

Figure it out.

This situation is a very large nuclear weapon with a hair trigger. Everybody needs to recognize the reality that some folks of a limited life experience, not traveling far from home, meeting people from various cultural backgrounds, etc., can be easily swept away by ideals in their very small circle of life.

An assassination of a President at any time is a horrendous thing for our society and right now - with many hurt feelings and frayed nerves - could threaten the Union.

Tread very lightly and understand that this forum is open to a variety of sources and perspectives - some sane, some not so much.

Being a Secret Service agent right now can not be easy.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The devil won't let anything happen to his boy for a long time.
    The anti-christ has a ~ a 7 year reign. It hasn't even started yet.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    The devil won't let anything happen to his boy for a long time.
    The anti-christ has a ~ a 7 year reign. It hasn't even started yet.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

You are padding. Only two are legitimate. Learn that exaggerating never works on the Internet because everyone on it has access to the same information.
    The fact that there are so few links proves that the media has ignored them. Even libs should be able to figure that out.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    You claimed that the media has remained silent about "a large number of death threats" against President Bush and yet you've cited only two so far.
    How many does it take to act on a successful hit job on the Prez.. Answer, one you idiot.