Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 MSM: Kicking a man after he is down 
    Sonnabend
    John McCain 's concession was a class act. He was gracious in defeat and acted, as far as I am concerned, as a President would have..with dignity and courage.

The media, however, seem to want to stick the boot in.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...560900431.html

The acutely embarrassing photograph of Senator John McCain caught with his tongue hanging out after the third and final presidential debate has become a subject of pitiless ridicule on the internet.

The original image, which was plastered over many newspapers and websites when it was taken on October 15, has since found a new lease of life.

The image has been Photoshopped, remastered, and creatively exploited, resulting in a cascade of spoofs and spin-offs, the likes of which have not been seen since the picture of France's Zinedine Zidane head-butting Italy's Marco Materazzi in the final of the football World Cup in 2006 received the same treatment.

The mocked-up McCain images range from clever to crude and include a competition run by a New York radio station, a group on the photo-sharing site Flickr and a dedicated site called funwithmccain.com.
    One wonders what the reaction wouild have been to this image if it had been Obama.

Mainstream Media, digging into the gutter, day after day.

Disgusting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    One wonders what the reaction wouild have been to this image if it had been Obama.

Is it really that hard to figure out? There would be a post on the DU that went something like this:

Barak Obama's concession was a class act. He was gracious in defeat and acted, as far as I am concerned, as a President would have..with dignity and courage.

The media, however, seem to want to stick the boot in.

One wonders what the reaction would have been to this image if it had been McCain.

And you and other dregs who feed off of the political theater would be gloating over the doctored images, here and elsewhere.

Sonnabend
    And you and other dregs who feed off of the political theater would be gloating over the doctored images, here and elsewhere.
    Actually, wilbur..no, they wont ..and if you think of us as "dregs"..then you are cordially invited to fuck off. Very few, if any, images like the one you see here have been posted on CU..we tend to rise above that kind of thing.

Most if not all of them can be found on DU...they like it in the gutter. We may be down, we may have had a setback yes, but I defy you to find me a single thread on CU that has images like that "that are being gloated over"

Just one.

Show it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Is it really that hard to figure out? There would be a post on the DU that went something like this:

This "Dreg" has accepted Obama graciously and kindly as the President elect. I don't agree with Obama and I certainly don't trust him but I will refer to him as Mr. President. This is a markedly different sentiment than the Liberals have shown for the last 8 years. Liberals are embarassing in victory and down right stupid in defeat. Republicans are far better than that.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    If you really want to see the dregs, go to the "Humor" forum and take a look at the video of obsessed Obama fans.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This "Dreg" has accepted Obama graciously and kindly as the President elect. I don't agree with Obama and I certainly don't trust him but I will refer to him as Mr. President. This is a markedly different sentiment than the Liberals have shown for the last 8 years. Liberals are embarassing in victory and down right stupid in defeat. Republicans are far better than that.

This......

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Liberals are embarassing in victory and down right stupid in defeat.
    Gross Generalisation.

Iím a Liberal and Iíve restrained a virtual tsunami of visual and written shots I could have taken at "W", but that was simply because itís like catching bait fish - too damn easy. His legacy will be what it is, just like Obamaís presidency.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Gross Generalisation.

Iím a Liberal and Iíve restrained a virtual tsunami of visual and written shots I could have taken at "W", but that was simply because itís like catching bait fish - too damn easy. His legacy will be what it is, just like Obamaís presidency.
    Bullshit you slimed W. every chance you get. This post is typical of the left's complete lack of knowledge regarding irony or hypocrisy

Gross Generalisation.
    Based on painful experience.
    If you call what you've written around here restraint, I'd hate to see what you consider over the line.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!