Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Bullshit you slimed W. every chance you get. This post is typical of the left's complete lack of knowledge regarding irony or hypocrisy
    No, retarded asshole - read his post again:

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Liberals are embarassing in victory and down right stupid in defeat.
    It was regarding McCain - you lame tit.

McCain is Bush - that's why he lost!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    McCain is Bush - that's why he lost!
    You must try to think before you type. McCain opposed Bush on any number of issues, including coercive interrogation techniques, judicial appointments, tax cuts and Rumsfeld's tenure as SECDEF. The only people who make the claim that they were indistinguishable were Obama's partisans.

McCain ran a superb campaign against a far better funded opponent, a tsunami of media bias, a discredited Republican congress and a fincancial panic. That he was only a few points below Obama in the national vote in spite of the worst climate for a Republican since Watergate should demonstrate that to anyone who isn't a liberal.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You must try to think before you type. McCain opposed Bush on any number of issues, including coercive interrogation techniques, judicial appointments, tax cuts and Rumsfeld's tenure as SECDEF. The only people who make the claim that they were indistinguishable were Obama's partisans.
    Complete Bullshit. McCain voted 9 out of 10 times with Bush - said so on camera, and then lost because of it. Itís not any more complicated than that. The old battleship was sent to the bottom by the recent invention known as the airplane. Sad thing is - the RNC wonít be any further along in 2012.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Look folks,

McCain/Palin is now history. Stories about either candidate now are merely smokescreens to distract us from the very real problems that a president-elect Obama is going to have. I saw the press conference this morning and Obama looked AWFUL. In fact, he looked so tired and beat and scared that I am not even using my pet names for him in this post. I genuinely felt sorry for the man.

Since his election, the market has had the largest single post election drop in history. Methinks that Wall Street is trying to send Obama a message about his tax plan. Yesterday, Obama got a look at the intelligence that he needs to understand what is really happening in the world. My guess is that it blew him away and he is really scared. Whatever he knew before (and he had to know something) is nothing compared to the intelligence he has now seen. He probably sees the full scope of what he has gotten himself into.

McCain is over, Palin is over, and the REAL story is now Obama. The DUers and the media can't yet bring themselves yet to focus on Obama so they are recycling recent history. Obama is not yet president, but with Bush in the background as a lame duck, Obama is now front and center.

And as much as I can't stand the guy, I felt genuinely sorry for him today. All of you who are strong in your faith, pray for this guy. He is really going to need it.

That's ok. Let them enjoy this moment. They were swept up in the hype and history of this event. They believed wild promises that can never come true. They have their hopes up, they will be dissapointed, they wont have near the voter turnout in four years, and they will all be out on their butts working the college speaking circuit.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Look folks,

McCain/Palin is now history. Stories about either candidate now are merely smokescreens to distract us from the very real problems that a president-elect Obama is going to have. I saw the press conference this morning and Obama looked AWFUL. In fact, he looked so tired and beat and scared that I am not even using my pet names for him in this post. I genuinely felt sorry for the man.

Since his election, the market has had the largest single post election drop in history. Methinks that Wall Street is trying to send Obama a message about his tax plan. Yesterday, Obama got a look at the intelligence that he needs to understand what is really happening in the world. My guess is that it blew him away and he is really scared. Whatever he knew before (and he had to know something) is nothing compared to the intelligence he has now seen. He probably sees the full scope of what he has gotten himself into.

McCain is over, Palin is over, and the REAL story is now Obama. The DUers and the media can't yet bring themselves yet to focus on Obama so they are recycling recent history. Obama is not yet president, but with Bush in the background as a lame duck, Obama is now front and center.

And as much as I can't stand the guy, I felt genuinely sorry for him today. All of you who are strong in your faith, pray for this guy. He is really going to need it.
    No way. Never. Not a chance in hell.

Complete Bullshit. McCain voted 9 out of 10 times with Bush - said so on camera, and then lost because of it. Itís not any more complicated than that. The old battleship was sent to the bottom by the recent invention known as the airplane. Sad thing is - the RNC wonít be any further along in 2012.
    Another Obama talking point, but, as always, there's more to it than that.
    According to Congressional Quarterly's Voting Studies, in 2007 McCain voted in line with the president's position 95 percent of the time, but McCain's support of President Bush's position was 77 percent in 2005, and his support for the Republican Party position has been as low as 67 percent (2001). In other words, Obama has taken one year in which McCain and the president were pretty much in agreement, and in which they were both in opposition to Democratic congressional majorities, and used that to gauge his entire career. BTW, Obama, as the most liberal member of the senate, voted with the president 50% of the time in 2007, but voted with his own party 97% of the time, making him about as independent as a marionette.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I always thought that Jimmy Carter was a clueless disaster in the White House, but watching his physical deterioration from 1976 to 1980 made me feel sorry for him. He was in over his head and it was eating him alive. If Elspeth's concept of his state of mind is accurate, Obama has just had a major reality check forced on him, and he is, for the first time in his life, about to be overwelmed by responsibilities that he had no inkling of during the campaign. Like the dog who chases cars, he has no idea to do with the one that he caught. He may rise to the occasion, or he may crash and burn, but if you love your country (and I know that you do), you have to hope for the former rather than the latter. A little compassion will keep us from becoming like the DUmpsters.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Yeah but aren't you an atheist? I don't think you'd pray for people you do like.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Is it really that hard to figure out? There would be a post on the DU that went something like this
    You don't read DU much do you?
    Be Not Afraid.

Gross Generalisation.

Iím a Liberal and Iíve restrained a virtual tsunami of visual and written shots I could have taken at "W", but that was simply because itís like catching bait fish - too damn easy. His legacy will be what it is, just like Obamaís presidency.
    This is just plain stupid, see what I mean. Of course it is a generalization Mr Obvious. I was speaking about Liberals and Conservatives in general. Do you suggest I post ALL their names?

Liberals have taken shots unfairly at GW and ANYTHING that doesn't originate from the cesspool of the left. You may have restrained yourself but MOST of the liberals have not.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand