Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I always thought that Jimmy Carter was a clueless disaster in the White House, but watching his physical deterioration from 1976 to 1980 made me feel sorry for him. He was in over his head and it was eating him alive. If Elspeth's concept of his state of mind is accurate, Obama has just had a major reality check forced on him, and he is, for the first time in his life, about to be overwelmed by responsibilities that he had no inkling of during the campaign. Like the dog who chases cars, he has no idea to do with the one that he caught. He may rise to the occasion, or he may crash and burn, but if you love your country (and I know that you do), you have to hope for the former rather than the latter. A little compassion will keep us from becoming like the DUmpsters.
    You've hit the nail on the head, Odysseus.

And I am especially worried for our country if Obama is really overwhelmed. I expect Rahm Emmanuel (and others) to take on power because of Obama's weakness. I don't know who these others will be and that, in itself, will be something to worry about.

I think a little prayer is in order all around.

Correct. I've said it previously. He is an empty suit and way over his head. He got the first inside brief on what the real world was and it blew his small liberal world apart. He is crapping in his knickers right now. He is going to move away from his liberal hyperbole and ideology and will start to see the real world. Liberals are gushing over Obama now but they will soon be dissolusioned.

If Obama is this tired and worn out and he hasn't even begun day one, what will he do by day 100?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand