Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Michelle Obama: 21 st Century Jackie Kennedy 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...012572,00.html

Michelle Obama calls herself the new mum-in-chief but admirers say she's a 21st Century Jackie Kennedy who will bring glamour back to the White House
    You have got to be kidding me..

SHE initially did not want her husband to run for president. But yesterday Michelle Obama was being hailed as a key player in Barack Obama's White House triumph.

Mrs Obama was so crucial to clinching victory that campaign aides nicknamed her The Closer.

Now she is making history all of her own by becoming America's first black First Lady in the White House.

She calls herself the new mum-in-chief but her admirers are labelling her as a 21st Century Jackie Kennedy who will bring glamour back to the White House.

The 44-year-old emerged from the shadows to attract a spotlight of her own during her husband's exhausting 22-month campaign.

When Senator Obama had to break off from electioneering just days before the election to visit his dying grandmother in Hawaii, it was Mrs Obama he called on to step in for him at events he had to miss.

Far from being angry at the Democrat candidate's no-show, huge crowds happily cheered on his wife. It was just the latest example of the influence the striking 178cm Ivy League-educated lawyer had on her 47-year-old husband's quest.
    Lady, Jackie Kennedy was a classy, brave and intelligent woman. You ain't her...not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Lady, Jackie Kennedy was a classy, brave and intelligent woman. You ain't her...not even close.
    :eek: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouch :eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

And so starts the Obamassiah's rise to the "New Camelot".

Excuse me while I vomit.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Jackie was a lot of things and not all of them were admirable. As a taxpayer, I really don't want to pay for a lot 'Camelot' moments for Michelle and her zillions of close friends.

It's worth remembering that the original meaning of 'glamour' describes magical illusions and deceptions. ;)

You mean that she is a high maintenance social climber whose husband is a philandering scumbag?

Quote Originally Posted by flaja View Post
    You mean that she is a high maintenance social climber whose husband is a philandering scumbag?
    Well, being a smoker nowadays is the moral equivalent of banging underage drunken teens, so maybe. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, being a smoker nowadays is the moral equivalent of banging underage drunken teens, so maybe. :p
    Well, just old was Mary Jo?

Wait til all the "Jackie O ended up a widow" crap comes out of this story....suddenly all the assasination bunk is flying everywhere now that Obama won. People need to just calm down, suck it up and fight everything this administration tries to do...with our voices and inteligence.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Good Lord! I'm so sick of reliving the glory days of formerly adolescent Boomers. The White House is not 'Camelot', Michelle Obama is not Jackie Kennedy, Obama himself is not JFK, we aren't living in the 60s, Iraq is not Vietnam, and the chattering classes need to get over that whole time-marches-on thing.

Obama will rise or fall based on his behavior in the here and now - not on his fictitious resemblance to a previous office-holder.

The 60s are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Good Lord!

The 60s are over.
    NO THEY"RE NOT!!! :mad:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)