Thread: Hey everyone!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Oh so no smart aleck reply to that huh? Pretty much what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMedic View Post
    Uh, Yes, every action the Federal Government takes, not only should be within the confines of its enumerated powers within the document called the Constitution of the United States.

It (the Federal Government) is by design, supposed to be limited in it's scope and power by the Constitution.

I realize that they no longer teach civics 101 in schools anymore.

But the fact that the government is indeed supposed to be limited by that document.

Unless that document is changed through the amendment process laid out in it.

Is why, the United States of America, is classified not as a democracy, but as a Constitutional Republic, in the first damned place.

It's because the absolute highest law in the nation, is the Constitution.

And trust me, when I say this. Every last American alive today, should be on their knees thanking whatever God they believe in everyday.

For the fact we have that Constitutional system.
    Actually I enjoyed Civics. My Civics teacher was a stereotypical Irish drinker who would go into the closet in our class and take nips from is decanter....lol

First, let me say that, to some extent I agree with you on two points;

1) Powers delegated to the Federal Government should be clearly stated.

2) Minimum wage is not the best solution to determine a wage floor.

However, the Supreme Court has also been given it's power by the Constitution as well. It's job it to interpret the law. The issue you cite was address and the Supreme Court ruled that minimum wage laws:

although the Constitution does not expressly give Congress authority to mandate a federal minimum wage, the Tenth Amendment does not deprive Congress of “authority to resort to all means for the exercise of a granted power which are appropriate and plainly adapted to the permitted end.” Id. at 124 - United States v. Darby
    So we have your interpretation of the Constitution and the Supreme courts interpretation. They seem to be leaning toward the Commerce Clause as at least partial justification. Which is not to say that the Supreme Court is always right, to the contrary, it has been wrong many times and changes are made when there is enough civil pressure to do so. Slavery, Segregation, Gay Marriage.......These are all issues in which the Supreme Court ruled and in some cases re-ruled usually driven by popular pressure.

1) Given my two points above I would encourage and support an amendment to grant the Federal Government to enact a wage floor

2) I would abolish the the Federal Minimum wage and replace it with a better system, but I would want that system to be part of an amendment to the Constitution.
    Last edited by Uncommon Sense; 06-30-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMedic View Post
    Oh so no smart aleck reply to that huh? Pretty much what I expected.
    Look at the timestamps...

I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Short dick.
    Dang, I called it right again! They try and try again but it will be disappointed this time. again

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    ” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon Sense View Post
    Why? As an admin are you some how gifted with immunity to being talked to in a way that you don't like because you've been given special privileges? Are valued posters some higher level that you get to ascend to that gives you the privilege of offending others while those deemed outside the group have to walk on eggshells?

The only gift that this particular admin has is the gift of paying the monthly bill to keep this forum online, if you can't respect that, then please go away.

As an admin are you some how gifted with immunity to being talked to in a way that you don't like because you've been given special privileges?
    As THE OWNER of the store, they enjoy the right to refuse service to anyone, especially those with overblown egos and no good intentions. Which makes your current choice of a handle very fitting - "uncommon sense" = "no common sense"
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Thank you Rob and Retread. He forgets this is privately funded, and it is not a "privilege" to SR or me as admins. We contribute our efforts at no charge and don't have the never ending fund drives.

If Uncommon Sense doesn't like the way things are run, he can get the hell off the board.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    ?.....

If Uncommon Sense doesn't like the way things are run, he can get the hell off the board.
    If you can't take the heat.......
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi