Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    :eek:

The Bull Moose finds no fan here....pretty much rode all over the Constitution whereever he wanted. Not saying he didn't do good things, but he also brought about our "progressive" taxation of current.

Great choices with the others though! My all time 5 greatest Presidents are Jefferson, Washington, Cleveland, Lincoln and Reagan. :D

Huh? Lincoln was the founder of the huge federal government we all bitch about now.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Not sure about "one of the greats", but not the worst or one of the worst, probably a bit below average.

Whatever is said about him, he did keep America safe after 9/11.
    I agree. By all accounts he is a good man, but not a great president. He made mistakes, just like the rest of us. But he did what he felt had to be done.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Patent Member

The Bull Moose finds no fan here....pretty much rode all over the Constitution whereever he wanted. Not saying he didn't do good things, but he also brought about our "progressive" taxation of current.

Great choices with the others though! My all time 5 greatest Presidents are Jefferson, Washington, Cleveland, Lincoln and Reagan. :D
    All presidents have done good and bad things. The Bull Moose increased the Presidential power significantly, and showed Congress that our military is not their plaything, but under the control of the Commander in Chief. For that he gets a lot of points in my book.

I also think W.H. Harrison will go down in history books as one of America's greatest presidents. For the simple reason that no one can say this country was worse off after his presidency than before.

It can be said Conservatism lost a foothold on the country when T. Roosevelt was elected.

The government was no longer passive.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Carter did try to help things with the Synthetic Fuels Program though....although once it got off the ground the OPEC cartel just slashed their prices and put it outta business.

He did it wrong by creating a quasi - governmental corporation.

The private sector is where nearly all of the advances occurred and WITHOUT our money.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    He did it wrong by creating a quasi - governmental corporation.

The private sector is where nearly all of the advances occurred and WITHOUT our money.
    Shhhh.....you're speaking too much sense Constitution! Bad, bad! :p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke