Thread: Obama won...but there is HOPE.

1. #1 Obama won...but there is HOPE. 
    Obama won...but there is HOPE.

With every "first", there will be a group of people who will support the said "first", regardless of objective qualifications. However, when the said "first" is old news, maybe Americans will GET OVER IT, and support someone without racist motives (i.e. someone interested in defending and keeping our country strong).
    I personally, am extremely glad that America has finally elected and African American as President. This is good. It shows our country is finally healing form the scars left by slavery. Remember, A BLACK PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL. If slavery had never been, African Americans might blend in as respectable, up-standing, independently-thinking citizens. Instead, they are stuck in an undeniable rut, a rut which they have furnished with a deadbeat culture, and show no interest in moving beyond. Theirs is a maternal society, which is NEITHER NORMAL NOR HEALTHY.
    The ray of light in this mess is education. Education is the key to black men taking responsibility again, for their families,and for their lives.
    And regardless of how I disagree with his policies, Obama is an undeniably good role model for African Americans, especially young black men.
    I'm still voting for Palin in 2012, by the way:)

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl View Post
    Obama won...but there is HOPE.

With every "first", there will be a group of people who will support the said "first", regardless of objective qualifications. However, when the said "first" is old news, maybe Americans will GET OVER IT, and support someone without racist motives (i.e. someone interested in defending and keeping our country strong).
    I personally, am extremely glad that America has finally elected and African American as President. This is good. It shows our country is finally healing form the scars left by slavery. Remember, A BLACK PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL. If slavery had never been, African Americans might blend in as respectable, up-standing, independently-thinking citizens. Instead, they are stuck in an undeniable rut, a rut which they have furnished with a deadbeat culture, and show no interest in moving beyond. Theirs is a maternal society, which is NEITHER NORMAL NOR HEALTHY.
    The ray of light in this mess is education. Education is the key to black men taking responsibility again, for their families,and for their lives.
    And regardless of how I disagree with his policies, Obama is an undeniably good role model for African Americans, especially young black men.
    I'm still voting for Palin in 2012, by the way:)
    With liberals EVERYTHING is about race. It ISN'T a big deal - UNLESS you are so consumed with race that it blocks out all objectivity.

I cannot remember ever considering race for ANYTHING - yet it is all I hear from the left. It makes you wonder which side has really PRACTICED Martin Luther King's dream of a judging a man by his character instead of his skin color.

I will disagree with you about Obama being a good role model as I believe his associations destroy that for him, but he IS a beacon to that fact that race shouldn't matter. That, if you work hard and prepare, anyone can succeed.

As for Palin?? She is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but fundamentally she is not the type of Conservative I want.

I want a Constitutionalist - a Federalist and a limited government conservative. She has not convinced me that she is of that type. Maybe she is, but I am not convinced.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

62 million Americans took stupid pills and elected the ANTI=CHRIST.

There can be no hope when the anti-christ is running the show.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned
    You are right. A Black American President is not a big deal since it was WHITE people who elected him as 100% of the Black vote could never do it.