Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If i'm not mistaken, the upside down flag is one of the standard avatars from which the DUmmies can choose.

Anyone(right or left) who pulls this stunt is a drama queen.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Reference the popular vote for a better one. :p 7 million votes out of over 110 million doth not a landslide make.
    130 million total votes, actually. ;)

SlicerDicer- (120 posts) Wed Nov-05-08 09:29 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. According to Flag Ettiquite its illegal to do that.
    No it's not.

It is perfectly fine to do that - on private property - when the person is under duress or when there is war.

I understand perfectly why the person is flying the flag in this manner.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    No it's not.

It is perfectly fine to do that - on private property - when the person is under duress or when there is war.

I understand perfectly why the person is flying the flag in this manner.
    I understand it too. But out of respect for the flag and the moonbat's penchant for the same action, I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum
    130 million total votes, actually.
    63,042,806+55,821,650=118,184,456. Drudge headline numbers. :p:D
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    63,042,806+55,821,650=118,184,456. Drudge headline numbers. :p:D
    Oops, I must have looked at the wrong numbers. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I was talking to a friend today who said he wanted to do the same thing (he is not familiar with the lefty use of this idea, he's a naval history buff) and I quickly disabused him of the idea. Once I mentioned that people on Kos, DU, HuffPo, and the like did this, he quickly decided to turn his efforts toward a more productive front.
    Good job. I simply took my flag down.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I was talking to a friend today who said he wanted to do the same thing (he is not familiar with the lefty use of this idea, he's a naval history buff) and I quickly disabused him of the idea. Once I mentioned that people on Kos, DU, HuffPo, and the like did this, he quickly decided to turn his efforts toward a more productive front.
    He's lost his military bearing for awhile. Thanks for helping him get it back.

I served this country and that flag. I will not fly it upside down just because the horse I backed didn't win the race. We are better than that shit. Thats what we expect from those fucking traitors at DU. When things don't go their way, they want to burn the fucking country to the ground. We are true Americans. They are only Americans when they're in charge.

I will still fly my flag high and proud because no matter who's in charge, I will always love my country. I defended her and I will continue to defend her. Even if I have to defend her from within.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Reference the electoral vote for a clue.
    B-B-B-But when teh hero Gore lost in 2000 weren't we told by the Demmycrats that the EC didn't matter?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Reference the electoral vote for a clue.
    So, when it suits you, the popular vote doesn't matter? I seem to recall telling that to a few libs who supported Gore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    He's lost his military bearing for awhile. Thanks for helping him get it back.

I served this country and that flag. I will not fly it upside down just because the horse I backed didn't win the race. We are better than that shit. Thats what we expect from those fucking traitors at DU. When things don't go their way, they want to burn the fucking country to the ground. We are true Americans. They are only Americans when they're in charge.

I will still fly my flag high and proud because no matter who's in charge, I will always love my country. I defended her and I will continue to defend her. Even if I have to defend her from within.
    Exactly. The only real reason to fly the flag inverted is as a sign of real distress, such as a shipwreck or other disaster. The DUmpsters and their ilk are basically equating their personal grievances with the political system with a real danger. It's the equivalent of pulling a fire alarm because you don't like the school principal.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    B-B-B-But when teh hero Gore lost in 2000 weren't we told by the Demmycrats that the EC didn't matter?
    Don't know/care - didn't vote for Gore.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)