Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My 16 year old niece who knows everything thinks I'm a monster for saying that men who dress as or get surgically "transformed" into women should not be allowed to complete in sports with biological women unless it is a coed sport.
    A recent case:

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/tra...FKp7v4oIAXCqL/

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Ah, behold! The Party of science!

Funny thing

Chromosomes don't lie.... Double XX, will never be XY....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Ah, behold! The Party of science!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My 16 year old niece who knows everything thinks I'm a monster for saying that men who dress as or get surgically "transformed" into women should not be allowed to complete in sports with biological women unless it is a coed sport. I told her that it's not fair. Their bodies are still men's bodies which have certain advantages in sports against women's bodies.
    On this we can definitely agree. It is not only an unfair advantage, but blows the entire concept of sportsmanship out of the water.

Here is the latest in this fallacy.

http://www.outsports.com/2017/3/20/1...l-hubbard-wins

New Zealand weightlifter Laurel Hubbard has won an international powerlifting competition, raising questions about her participation and the new International Olympic Committee policy on transgender athletes.

Hubbard won the over-90kg division at the Australian International in Melbourne, lifting a combined total of 268kg, according to the New Zealand Herald. In doing so she set new national records “in the snatch and clean and jerk,” according to 1 News Now.

Before her transition, Hubbard competed in powerlifting as a man. Now a woman, she wants to continue to compete as her gender.
    My personal opinions on transgenders aside. There has to be a point where their rights do not take priority over someone else's rights. Namely their fellow competitors who were born women. How was this fair to them? This person competed as a man for years before making his switch. So now he competes as a woman and sets four bloody records in the process. Go figure.