Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Were your parents like this?
    My mom is now. She's always been liberal, but she used to make fun of Renee Richards back in the day, and laughed when my uncle told the story about how one of his Ford coworkers went on a long vacation and came back as a woman. My sister does most of her thinking for her.

My sister privately agrees with me regarding trannies (that it is a mental illness), but would never say so publicly.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My mom is now. She's always been liberal, but she used to make fun of Renee Richards back in the day, and laughed when my uncle told the story about how one of his Ford coworkers went on a long vacation and came back as a woman. My sister does most of her thinking for her.

My sister privately agrees with me regarding trannies (that it is a mental illness), but would never say so publicly.
    I just can't wrap my head around that. I do believe it is a mental illness and the only political purpose of backing these men seems to be the destruction of women's public space and women as important beings unto themselves. Is your mom a feminist? Does she understand that trannies are demanding actual womanhood status and are now competing against real women in the Olympics?

I just can't wrap my head around that. I do believe it is a mental illness and the only political purpose of backing these men seems to be the destruction of women's public space and women as important beings unto themselves. Is your mom a feminist? Does she understand that trannies are demanding actual womanhood status and are now competing against real women in the Olympics?
    It's amazing to me that any reasonably sane, thinking person (which excludes Leftists, I admit) doesn't recognize that this is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such.

If I decide one day that I'm actually a fire engine trapped in a male body, is there anyone out there who thinks that the way to deal with that delusion is to install a water pump in my chest cavity, tattoo "American LaFrance" on my forehead, and let me sleep on the floor of the local firehouse?

And yet that is exactly what we are doing with the people who suffer the delusion of believing that they are "a woman trapped in a man's body."

Utterly ridiculous. This comes from the "if it feels good, do it" generation.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    Ludicrous.

Jewish Camps Make Hebrew ‘Gender Neutral’ Because Camp Is ‘A Safe Space’
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/je...#ixzz4H5AQTwAV

A group of Jewish summer camps is changing the Hebrew language to be more gender neutral.

Seven Habonim Dror camps located throughout North America will be implementing a gender neutral version of the Hebrew language, reports the Washington Post. Habonim Dror is a Progressive Labor Zionist Youth Movement dedicated to building a relationship between young North American Jewish people and Israel.

“It really reinforces the impact of summer camp as a safe space. Camp has always made it okay to say, ‘I can be myself here,'” Sara Zebovitz, the North America director for Habonim Dror, told the Washington Post.

Camp Moshava, a Habonim Dror summer camp in Maryland, re-wrote some of its cheers to be more gender neutral. In the Hebrew language, feminine nouns end in -ot and masculine nouns, including groups with just one man, end in -iom. Now, both are referred to with -imot, a blend of the masculine and feminine endings.

Some of the camp’s alumni have spoken out against this change, saying that this teaches the children a made up language they can’t speak anywhere outside of camp.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/je...#ixzz4H5AcLLxk

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    It's amazing to me that any reasonably sane, thinking person (which excludes Leftists, I admit) doesn't recognize that this is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such.

If I decide one day that I'm actually a fire engine trapped in a male body, is there anyone out there who thinks that the way to deal with that delusion is to install a water pump in my chest cavity, tattoo "American LaFrance" on my forehead, and let me sleep on the floor of the local firehouse?

And yet that is exactly what we are doing with the people who suffer the delusion of believing that they are "a woman trapped in a man's body."

Utterly ridiculous. This comes from the "if it feels good, do it" generation.

I always say "I identify as a ballerina, even if I am 5'10", weigh over 200 lbs and can't dance. Maybe a doctor can change some of that?".

Power CUer
    I always say "I identify as a ballerina, even if I am 5'10", weigh over 200 lbs and can't dance. Maybe a doctor can change some of that?".
    Or maybe an activist group. I'm waiting for the invention of the Fat Panthers. You get to wear a beret while staring down people eating Cheetos.

Or maybe an activist group. I'm waiting for the invention of the Fat Panthers. You get to wear a beret while staring down people eating Cheetos.
    I think there already is a fat activist group, I just forgot the name of it. They lobby for things like larger airplane and theater seats, and were all over the place when airlines decided to charge the extremely overweight for two seats.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I think there already is a fat activist group, I just forgot the name of it. They lobby for things like larger airplane and theater seats, and were all over the place when airlines decided to charge the extremely overweight for two seats.
    Fat lives matter???

Totally joking!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Believe the random folks at DU had a "fat acceptance group". No clue if it still exists.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Fat lives matter???

Totally joking!
    I like it!