Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd want to have a conversation with anyone who would ask me why I'm wearing an American Flag pin
    ... or why I'm not!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So one cannot be patriotic unless one wears a pin of some kind? When did this become a rule?
    Where did you get that idea from? Odd, as your reading comprehension is usually above par. You've been having some problems with it of late though. Do you have an inner ear infection?

Power CUer
    No, I just don't know why it's such a big deal and that's what I'm trying to ask. It proves nothing by itself. Wear it or don't, but don't make decisions about people depending on whether they wear one or not.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

No, I just don't know why it's such a big deal and that's what I'm trying to ask. It proves nothing by itself. Wear it or don't, but don't make decisions about people depending on whether they wear one or not.
    Again, there was nothing said about "decisions" regarding people that don't wear them. The suggestion was offered as a conversation starter, and a positive way to discuss the changes in this country and what they mean to us.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Again, there was nothing said about "decisions" regarding people that don't wear them. The suggestion was offered as a conversation starter
    And I participated in the conversation.

And I participated in the conversation.
    Yes you did, with non sequitors. But properly punctuated.

Power CUer
    Thank you. Sequitur is with a "u", not an "o". :p

Thank you. Sequitur is with a "u", not an "o". :p
    That was a gift to you. ;)

No, I just don't know why it's such a big deal and that's what I'm trying to ask. It proves nothing by itself.
    It proves you're gay if you wear it - if you're not a politician. In fact - it is "Liberace gay" adj.

1. Suggesting a great degree of lameness or wussy-ness.

2. Someone or something with flamboyant homosexual tendencies; recalls uber-gay piano player, Liberace.

:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

No serious dialog here. :eek: