1. #1 Bombers get medical all-clear for death 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24615004-2,00.html

Bombers get medical all-clear for death

By Cindy Wockner and Ian McPhedran

Herald Sun

November 07, 2008 12:01am

"A TEAM of police and prison doctors yesterday checked over the three Bali bombers, in a sign that their executions are very near. As defiant militants swarmed to the home of two of them, prison sources said four doctors did the checks and the men had submitted without argument.

The routine medical checks are done to use as comparison with the autopsies after the executions and include blood pressure and heart checks. In June, the medical checks were done on two Nigerian drug traffickers two days before their execution.

All non-jail workers yesterday were ordered away from the island where the bombers will be shot, and small boats are banned from the area. A source inside Batu prison - where Amrozi, Mukhlas and Imam Samudra are being held for their part in the October 2002 murders of 202 people, including 88 Australians - said they had refused to see prosecutors who came to show them documents late on Wednesday."

Sonnabend
    ..continued...

Hundreds of members of the radical Islamic Defenders Front arrived in Tenggulun yesterday to support the family and put on a show of force for the media.Shouting at the Australian press, they walked from an Islamic school to the house of the bombers' mother Tariyem.

Carrying hand-scrawled banners reading "America terrorist" and "If one hero dies 1000 will grow, if three die then one million will grow", they marched past bewildered villagers whose lives have been thrown into chaos by the spectacle.

And there's plenty more where they came from. Dept of Foreign Affairs has issued a "stay away" order..which a lot of Aussies wont be able to deal with since they live there.

Not good...not good...

The wife of Mukhlas, Farida, also arrived to pay her respects to his mother. As the mob arrived at the family home, a frail looking Tariyem and her daughter, Asfiyah, emerged from their darkened house to meet the radicals and face the media.

While more defiant slogans were shouted and speeches offering "moral" support repeated, the old woman managed to raise her fist twice in defiance in time with the mob. Islamic extremists also rallied in Jakarta yesterday against the imminent execution of the bombers, as defence lawyers demanded the families be allowed a final visit.

Chanting "God is great", some 100 militants descended on the offices of the national human rights body as the bombers' lawyers met officials inside to demand access for the families.

They carried banners pledging to follow the bombers' path of jihad or "holy war", and warning that "hell" awaits the executioners. The Government has said the men will be executed by firing squad in "early November"

These guys are 17 hrs from our shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    All non-jail workers yesterday were ordered away from the island where the bombers will be shot, and small boats are banned from the area.
    Now that's the way to get business done.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

These guys are 17 hrs from our shores.[/QUOTE]

Not for much longer, it appears.

Sonnabend
    I'm referring to the jihadis.And they have a lot of friends...that's the concern.

The Darul Islam movement is a group of rodents that started before and while the Indonesians were under the thumb first of Sukarno and then Suharto - all claiming that giving their lives in the cause of Allah is better than a simple existence of passivity. With the country's massive population, in comparison with the military and police to control it - this is just the beginning.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    *jaw drops*

LP....When did you.....HOW did you....:eek:....there cant be TEN Americans who know who those bastards are.....you never cease to surprise me.

Okay try this on for size...they're not the problem for now. JI is. And word is that they're connected to the jihadis in the Philippines. Intel is damned sketchy at best.

Not me - the Chief, while at Subic Bay in the PI. He used to write my Mom and tell us about these rats in the land of a thousand islands.

There are new generations of poor kids coming up as recruits for these various Islamic factions and the crushing poverty around the Indonesian capital insures fresh muscle for "the cause." Population is driving this and I’m surprised the island hasn’t capsized by now.

Funny enough - this weekend, "The Year of Living Dangerously" was on. (One of my favorites - and dead on the mark.)

The Philippines - Indonesia, it all comes down to the same thing in the end: Psychotic assholes taking advantage of people living in bare subsistence, using them a automatons to further their crazy-assed cause.

We, the West, the civilized folk that try to go on with our lives next to these militants, have our hand forced to go back to the way of the old dictators that had control before. It’s not what one really wants to do - but what we’re forced to do, to maintain some kind of order, commerce and predictability

:(

PS My gut tells me Mexico is next.