1. #1 My two sons are being harrassed at school... 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7807935

Mother Of Four (915 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 01:41 PM
    Original message
    My two sons are being harassed at school- because we voted for Obama :(
    If it's as bad today as it was yesterday I'm going to have to go in and talk to the principle.

My 16 year old had Obama written on his right hand, the back of it- so that you could hold up your fist and others would be able to read it.

Here's what happened.

In this school, it's about 40 black/45 white and 15 percent hispanic. The white kids started calling my son a (I seriously can't stand to type this) monkey lover. Two boys came up to him and called him a traitor for his parents supporting a terrorist...

My 16 year old son, my wonderful beautiful son, did his best to stay patient...and ignore as much as he could.

On the flip side, teachers and the other students were all smiling at him and some of the other boys would shake his hand.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this county went 55 percent for McCain. (NC)

When he got home yesterday, he let loose. You see, our family back home is a mix of all shades. Some adopted, some by marriage. I raised my kids to judge someone by HOW they are, not what they look like.

It HURT him. Deeply and profoundly HURT him, and no matter how patient he was...having Obama written on his hand ended up blowing up in his face. I had no explanation for why they were so hateful, the only thing I could think of to say was that these kids are only exposed to one side of things...and that they were afraid because everything is going to be so different.

My 18 year old, who never fights, put an end to his harassment himself the first time it happened at lunch. He got up in the other kids face and said "I don't give a rats ass if I get suspended, insult me again and you'll have a broken nose."

I'm glad he stood up for himself, but alarmed too. He has NEVER acted that way, when I asked what possessed him he said "I'm sick of their crap. I am NOT going to take it anymore. I'm registered as a Dem, I voted Dem, and if they don't like it they can choke on their teeth."

I cried today, not because of the joy I should be feeling...but because my beautiful boys are having to stand up more NOW than before the election.

I needed to share this, thank you. There really isn't anyone around here I can talk to about it- since we aren't from here there really aren't many who would understand why it's such a huge thing to people who are supposed to be "allied" to the color of their skin.
    Nothing like holding up your fist to invite harrassment, eh mom? :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    If it's as bad today as it was yesterday I'm going to have to go in and talk to the principle.
    Oh the drama. And remember, it's principal because he's your "pal".
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Oh, this is just another bouncy tale from a different angle (see the sticky about bouncy tales). She's using her kids as a foil and interjecting a bunch of imaginary stuff about race, physical violence, and HURT.

If this happened at all, her kid probably got into it with some other kid during the course of the usual taunting and sniping that are a normal part of the American high school experience.

But I think it's just another bouncy tale.

My 16 year old had Obama written on his right hand, the back of it- so that you could hold up your fist and others would be able to read it.

Maybe the black power salute was a little over the top yesterday. Nice way to reach across the aisle

My 18 year old, who never fights, put an end to his harassment himself the first time it happened at lunch. He got up in the other kids face and said "I don't give a rats ass if I get suspended, insult me again and you'll have a broken nose."
    I'm glad he stood up for himself, but alarmed too. He has NEVER acted that way, when I asked what possessed him he said "I'm sick of their crap. I am NOT going to take it anymore. I'm registered as a Dem, I voted Dem, and if they don't like it they can choke on their teeth."
    I wonder who he learned that behavior from?

Patent Member
    I wonder how the other kids felt in that school for the last few years when the DUmmie's "beautiful boys" called them traitors and said they supported a war criminal.

Nah, that couldn't have anything to do with it.

One of my wife's co workers had to go pick her 12 yr. old daughter from school Wednesday. The little black boys kept getting in her face and telling her she was gonna have to sing the black national anthem. Her husband was suppose to go talk to the principal today.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Sonnabend
    My two sons are harassed another kid at school today- because his parents voted for *
    Sound familiar, DUmmies?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Oh the drama. And remember, it's principal because he's your "pal".
    Well in school the Principal is the principle. ;)
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Mother Of Four

You see, our family back home is a mix of all shades. Some adopted, some by marriage. I raised my kids to judge someone by HOW they are, not what they look like.
    Bull. If you'd taught them that, you wouldn't have voted for an inexperienced man on the strength of some vague, ever-changing promises...and his skin tone.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

But how about this:

Teacher videotaped giving McCain supporting kids a hard time in school.

http://www.belch.com/blog/2008/11/06...upport-mccain/

One girl whose father is in the military is brought to tears.

Diantha Harris: It’s a senseless war! [Stares at Kathy.] And by the way, Kathy, the person that you’re picking for president said [Harris shakes her head] that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to! [Kathy bites her lip, looks ashamed. Other kids stare at Kathy, laugh, smirk.] So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!

[Kathy is on verge of tears.]

[In an interview later:]

Diantha Harris: Now I can support whomever I want to support, as long as I don’t browbeat another person for the candidate that they supported. Like I have some students that support John McCain, and when they told me that, I said ah … “that’s good’ and I just moved on. So, I think that everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion.
    It was taped for Finnish television and is definitely true, unlike the DU bouncy above.