Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Some mayhem, arrests after Obama rally 
    At least five people were arrested across the city after Barack Obama's rally in Grant Park, including a woman who slapped a Chicago police officer, saying police couldn't arrest her anymore, prosecutors said today.

Most of the others celebrated the historic occasion with gunfire.

Celita Hart, 19, stood silently in court today when she appeared for a bond hearing.

Prosecutors said Hart, who is black, yelled " 'White [expletive], [expletive] McCain--you white police can't do nothing anymore.'" With that, she reached through the window of a squad car and slapped a white male officer in the face, according to Assistant State's Atty. Lorraine Scaduto.

link

Celita seems to have been rapidly disabused of her notion. :D

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    link

Celita seems to have been rapidly disabused of her notion. :D
    I hope they tazed the bitch.

And it's only the begining....

:D

edit to add;This thread is worthless without her pic.
    Last edited by Teetop; 11-06-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Wow. A virtual city of 200,000 people out there and 5 get arrested. Now thatís news. 0.000025% evil factor. Heavy.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Wow. A virtual city of 200,000 people out there and 5 get arrested. Now thatís news. 0.000025% evil factor. Heavy.
    Obama supporters just acted like their team won the Super Bowl. "I'm so happy, I feel like tearing shit up!":D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Sonnabend
    Whoever they were, firing a gun in a crowd is the sheerest idiocy...the guy was also on parole for wespons offences...dumb...very dumb.

Slapping an officer???...oh you stupid bitch. NEVER assault an officer.

I agree wholeheartedly that they are not representative of anyone but themselves..I just hope this wont be a common mentality.

And it wont. Reality will come soon enough.

I'm trying to put this into perspective. The last time at a GOP victory celebration the number of people who were arrested and slapped officers thinking they could now get away with it because a person of their race won the election was, mmm, lets' see now.............zero?

Power CUer
    It is a tiny group of nutballs that seem to have gotten in trouble. But boy are they nutty.

And I wonder how many people (like Celita) think that Obama's election means that laws and/or bills have been suspended. On the PUMA board I frequent, a regular poster had lunch with a bank manager. According to this bank manager, a woman came into the bank this morning, convinced that Obama was going to "take care of my mortgage."

I believe the traditional term here is upity. Me - I just call it crass and stupid. I don't care what color you are - you need to respect the boys in blue. They put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Are they perfect? Hells no. But we should assume that each of them is above reproach until it is proven otherwise.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Scaduto said he told the officers he was "shooting to celebrate Obama as president."

Narada Thomas, 23, of the 1200 North Central Avenue, allegedly gave a similar explanation after he was arrested with a handgun near his home. "He said he had the gun because he wanted to celebrate Obama becoming the first black president," Scaduto said.

Kenneth Smith, 24, of the 6700 block of South Ada Street, was arrested after he allegedly fired a handgun outside his home. Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction, told authorities that "the police only arrested him because a black man won for president," Scaduto said.
    Weird, but this actually makes sense to me. You've got people who think the inmates run the asylum now. I'd worry if they didn't try this crap.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.