Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 'Burn their F---ing Churches, Then Tax The Charred Timbers' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    QUEERLY BELOVED

'Gay' threats target Christians over same-sex 'marriage' ban

'Burn their f---ing churches, then tax charred timbers'

Decisions by voters in Florida, Arizona and California to join residents of 27 other states with constitutional protections for traditional marriage have prompted threats of violence against Christians and their churches.

"Burn their f---ing churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers," wrote "World O Jeff" on the JoeMyGod blogspot today within hours of California officials declaring Proposition 8 had been approved by a margin of 52 percent to 48 percent. Confirmation on voter approval of amendments in Florida and Arizona came earlier.

The amendments in all three states essentially limit marriage to one man and one woman. In California, the measure states the only marriages "valid and recognized" in the state are those between one man and one woman.

Thirty states now have adopted marriage amendments. However, in California, the vitriol appeared especially high since the state Supreme Court in May created same-sex marriage for homosexuals. Proposition 8 overruled the court decision, readopting the marriage definition California votersadopted in 2000.snip
    http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=80220

Sonnabend
    They held a referendum., people voted. That the vote didnt go the way they wanted is tough shit.

Vox populi vox dei.

And His voice certainly came through loud and clear in my state. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And His voice certainly came through loud and clear in my state. ;)
    Actually the vote in Cal was a lot tighter than it has been in any other state. last go round the states that banned gay marriage did so by a 2 - 1 margin or better. what was the spread in Cal 5 or 6 pts.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Actually the vote in Cal was a lot tighter than it has been in any other state. last go round the states that banned gay marriage did so by a 2 - 1 margin or better. what was the spread in Cal 5 or 6 pts.
    Actually, if it were not for Mormon money - it would have been a homo-landslide. But i just live here - what do I know.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Do gays have the right to civil unions in California, already LP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Do gays have the right to civil unions in California, already LP?
    Of course - but that's not enough for them. They want to be equally recognized in everything - everywhere - every time.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Of course - but that's not enough for them. They want to be equally recognized in everything - everywhere - every time.
    Is it me or did you take a dive in certain directions on some issues lately?

Anyway, civil unions = good, gay marriage = impossible, marriage is a religious term defined between a man and a woman.

Although government shouldn't be in marriage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yeah, but this was a vote to overturn a "court-written" law...and one that had allowed thousands of people to get a little piece of paper "proving" they were something that they could not be...so I'm sure some people balked at voting for it even though they believe in marriage.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I have great respect for Megyn Kelly's "mind". No seriously, she is one sharp lady. She was on O'Reilly tonight and according to her, the CA Supreme Court could rule that the referendum was gutting the Constitution and they could just say,"Tough, gay marriage is legal". If it's modifying the Constitution that's OK, but if it's a complete gut and rewrite they can tell voters, "Screw you". Anybody want to guess?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.