Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The fight is about national change, not statewide change. States are just the current path for which they are trying to bring about change at the national level. Its a problem when all those rights go away when you cross the border into a neighboring state.
    Well if you're going to toss out the Federalist argument for States Rights and de-centralized governance, then we need to have a discussion of what "new" civil rights we're talking about here. I'm no legal expert, so I can't speak one way or the other on the issue of whether or not Power of Attourney extends across State lines.

And I'm not so sure the government should get into the process of defining and validating the "rights" of couples, or groups. It seems to me the Rights to which we are all afforded are Individual rights. It's a slippery slope if we get in the business of defining rights for anything but individual persons. We'll have to start defining every conceivable couples-rights out there: Hetersexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Polygamist, etc...

And I don't see Marriage as a "right', per-say.

It's essentially the evolution of a Religious Sacrament that has been adopted by Government as contractual priveledge. It is specifically and exclusively extended to a heterosexual couples based on thousands of years of sociological, historical, cultural, and biological proof that such an arrangement, at large, is beneficial to the advancement of civilization due to the unique capabilities of a heterosexual couple to reproduce and provide a stable environment for the raising of children.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Hey, at least your not pretending to be anything but a bigot anymore;) I guess thats progress.
    That would be "you're"

I'm a bigot because I think burning down churches is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    That would be "you're"

I'm a bigot because I think burning down churches is a bad thing?
    Sure, that's the leftist way to protest...destroy private property and then tax the remains. wilbur would totally agree with that...just so long as it isn't HIS property. If it belongs to those nasty Christians (you knw the ones, those that open their churches for shelters and provide food pantries and disaster kitchens), then he would love to see them burn.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

4. #24 Sicko's 
    In the greatest nation on gods green earth!
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Of course - but that's not enough for them. They want to be equally recognized in everything - everywhere - every time.
    No, they want to put thier sick perversions in our church's, and rub our rightious noses in it!