Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TOTD: I'd say a return to conservative principles would do a lot to help the Republican party, since that is what the majority of Americans really long for. I think that was a big part of the reason why McCain's numbers went up quite a bit when he first announced Palin as his running mate, because she is clearly more conservative than him.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I am doing last minute cleaning so that a dozen little heathens will appreciate how clean my house is before they destroy it tomorrow.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I am doing last minute cleaning so that a dozen little heathens will appreciate how clean my house is before they destroy it tomorrow.
    Birthday party, or some sort of children of the corn ritual sacrifice thing?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Does it really matter? Her house will be clean.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    LOL! Birthday party but it could easily turn into some kind of ritual sacrifice thing.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You mean you allow the little shits to have a pie/cake throwing contest inside the house.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Good TOTD. I've been thinking about it.

I'm more moderate than some people here. I used to vote more for the Democratic Party but gradually found the Democratic Party to be inconsistent with many of my beliefs.

The thing is, I now vote with the Republican Party, though I consider myself an Independent. I don't agree with every position in the Republican Party platform. But I vote that way. I accept the principles of very staunch and very conservative Republicans and respect them for it. I consider myself a fellow traveler with them.

I think there are more people out there like me. Moderates who are turned off by the positions of the Democratic party.

We need to have candidates who are solidly conservative to appeal to the base, but who can also appeal to moderates. Both political parties seem to run to their left (Democratic) or right (Republican) respectively in the primaries, and then run more to the center for the general election.

It's a hard task to be true to one's basic principles and yet appeal to others who may have disagreement on some issues. My guess is that that is as much art as it is science.

But if there is one thing that is more important than any other, it is sticking to core principles.

I think of Ronald Reagan.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

8. #18 Strain 'em out! 
    In the greatest nation on gods green earth!
    I will have to agree with Gingersnap.
    Find the ones responsible for the mess we are in, deny thier party support. We have to let politicians know thier job is on the line. They work for us, and they want to sit up there in the capital spend our money like they don't care where it comes from. I have a problem with that. I find government to be like a house. After years of wear and tear. You have to go in and replace evreything to make it shine again. Otherwise, you are left with a ruin down shack that you can't give away. Hence the 2008 election. As far as I'm concerned this goes for both parties and all other politicians. We (American citizens) have to stand up and let these politicians know we will not treaded on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Does it really matter? Her house will be clean.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D