Thread: Prop 8 - Its God's Fault blame the church

1. #1 Prop 8 - Its God's Fault blame the church 
    Mark Morford, queer SF writer, sums it up beautifully:

(clip :)

But I don't think it stops there. Because when you peel back all those surface factors, when you trace the line of quasi-reasoning back to its source, to the "real" reason many people voted for Prop. 8, I think the real blame lies with, well, the Almighty himself.

That's right, I blame God.

Wait, check that. Let me say it with the proper intonation and slant: Imagine my voice trembling, the very earth beneath my feet rumbling, the very letters you are about to read appearing in enormous gothic capitals, dripping with fire and smoke and Budweiser logos, all surrounded by scowling cherubim armed with poorly printed pamphlets and a severe dislike of throbbing techno: GOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by wishfuldummy
    What, too much? I don't think so.

Who stabbed marriage equality to death, again? The Mormon Church. Catholic groups. Evangelicals. Militant fundamentalists. Reclusive, sickly, notoriously right-wing billionaires like Howard Ahmanson, a guy who also funded a radical Christian theologian madman who himself endorses stoning gay people to death. The mother of Eric Prince, CEO of the notorious Blackwater thugs-for-hire company.

Behind it all, it's God. No, not the god you and I understand as a universal, non-gendered, asexual, love-drunk energy coursing through all things at all times everywhere without the slightest wisp of prejudice or geographical preference, but that famously small, myopic version, the one that encourages a literalist interpretation of very carefully selected Bible verse (to the complete disregard of myriad others) -- a version that, in short, has been drilled into the consciousness of far too many voters for far too long.

Is it not true? Once again this election, in pulpits across America, the call rang out: We must stop the gays. We cannot allow them entry into the sanctuary of Eternal Hetero Love. After all, marriage is (these people believe) the last upstanding Christian stronghold, the final barrier preventing America from becoming some sort of Sodom-iffic nipple-pierced polyamorous rave party where anyone can marry anything and pets are running scared and people stick parts of their bodies into other people's parts for sexual pleasure. The horror.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4404965

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...otes110708.DTL

No DUmmies.. blame yourselves. I bet 1/2 the straight DUers voted against you (thats what, 5 extra whole votes for Prop 8?)

This little loud and proud game you gays are playing with Marriage has been rebuffed in California for the THIRD time.

You already have all the rights of normal people here in CA. Marriage is the latest game you are playing. Your people see through your game.

And you lost, again.

Your buddies, not evangelicals, voted against you. Millions of your fellow Obamarxists punched your tickets. Your own people dont support you.

Read the votes and weep.

You may get a few liberal judges in your corner, lay your hat on them.

But the people are against you. Even your people.

Sucks to be you.

It is just hilarious to see the DUmp turn into what I've always thought it was, queer central.

I got a new bumper sticker we could sell at the next Dem Convention, probably make a lot of money:

"I love ObamaX but i still don't like them queers."

That's right, I blame God.
    I thought they didn't believe in God.
    I guess they do when it suits their agenda.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Is their new catch phase going to be " murder a Mormon for mommy" ?

These folks have gone nuts about going after the Mormons already, trust me, this isn't going to stop;
    The hate they have built up in their bellies is going to be vomited up on anyone who pisses the Moonbats off for a half second , or more.

Their hate is now seeking new targets to harm.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The real the cause of prop 8 passing in California was due to Obama's run for office a lot of blacks who were pro Obama but anti Same-sex marriage turned out to vote and did so. It's a clear cut case of the law of unintended consequences.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The real the cause of prop 8 passing in California was due to Obama's run for office a lot of blacks who were pro Obama but anti Same-sex marriage turned out to vote and did so. It's a clear cut case of the law of unintended consequences.
    You very well could be right.
    According to many DU threads, most blacks hate gays.

I had not thought of that.

Hhmm. Since Godbama came out against gay marriage, shouldn't those Westboro Baptist people throw in a couple "Obama Hates Fags!" signs at funerals? I'm just trying to be even handed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Yup, a higher percentage of both blacks and hispanics voted for Prop 8 than whites did. Makes me wonder what will happen when the Democrat coalition starts to unravel ;) Eventually people are going to realize that they have different values than those espoused by the Democrat party, especially with the protests that homosexuals are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Burr View Post
    Hhmm. Since Godbama came out against gay marriage, shouldn't those Westboro Baptist people throw in a couple "Obama Hates Fags!" signs at funerals? I'm just trying to be even handed.
    That would be hilarious. I bet they would do it too. Those WBCers are a bunch of Democrats.