Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Why I am buying Ford and GM... 
    I am long GM and Ford, as of today.

Why in the world would I dump money into these dogs?

Simple. Obama is pro-Union, and he will not let the auto makers fail. He will absolutely pump taxpayer money into these companies for as long as it takes to keep them alive. In addition, his environmental policies require electric vehicles, and GM is the main benefactor of those policies.

I will sell part of my position immediately after a bailout is approved and their stocks jump. I predict a 40-50% jump in the days following an approved bailout for the auto makers.

I will hold the rest until the bailout is distributed, or until I realize 100% gains.

The Unions helped elect Obama, as did the "lets all drive electric cars" crowd. Both demand that the automakers survive indefinitely.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post

Simple. Obama is pro-Union, and he will not let the auto makers fail. He will absolutely pump taxpayer money into these companies for as long as it takes to keep them alive. In addition, his environmental policies require electric vehicles, and GM is the main benefactor of those policies.

I will sell part of my position immediately after a bailout is approved and their stocks jump. I predict a 40-50% jump in the days following an approved bailout for the auto makers.

I will hold the rest until the bailout is distributed, or until I realize 100% gains.

The Unions helped elect Obama, as did the "lets all drive electric cars" crowd. Both demand that the automakers survive indefinitely.
    I understand your reasoning but a dog can always go lower. I am not good at picking bottoms so I will sit on the sidelines to see how this recession shakes out.

And when it goes low enough - it will be owned by Toyota.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And when it goes low enough - it will be owned by Toyota.:p
    That would be funny, but Bam Bam won't let that happen.

Remember he told people that he was not going to allow companies to send their jobs overseas and that he was going to get rid of tax breaks for companies who operate outside the US.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We've been thinking of picking up some Ford also for the very
    reasons Beebs said...
    May the FORCE be with you!

LOL! My Fiance did that with AIG and Washington Mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    LOL! My Fiance did that with AIG and Washington Mutual.
    I also did it with AIG and NatCity. Worked out quite well ;)

Wow. Did you just see who Obama named to his "Economic Advisory Committee"? The Governor of Michigan.... Gee..... MICHIGAN.....

I am telling you. Buy Ford and GM now. Sell half when it goes up 50%, hold the rest for a while.

Patent Member
    Wow. Did you just see who Obama named to his "Economic Advisory Committee"? The Governor of Michigan.... Gee..... MICHIGAN.....

I am telling you. Buy Ford and GM now. Sell half when it goes up 50%, hold the rest for a while.
    Half? Nah, I plan on holding on until it doubles, at least. Once the Messiah takes office and pushes a $50B+ bailout through the Senate, I expect GM to return to closer its normal value.

Well Owl, even after the government nationalizes the auto industry, somebody still has to buy the pieces o' crap the unions turn out.

Won't be me.