Thread: 2016 in Rio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    That girl can stick a landing like I have never seen before. I saw her doing the vault and something else (uneven bars? don't remember now), and I swear she comes down like a fuggin' telephone pole. Just BOOM! and she's standing there with no bounce, no wobble, nothing.
    THE. BEST. EVER.

until the next one but with the Karolyi's hanging up their coaches caps we may be in a slide for now.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Power CUer
    That fine Olympic green....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/green-poo...9882--oly.html

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Olympics organizers battled an array of persistent problems as the Games entered its second week on Saturday, from a lurid green diving pool to competitors taken to the wrong venue and a long-distance swimming pontoon swept away by the waves.

The refusal of the Olympic diving pool to return to a more appealing blue hue has baffled technicians and competitors alike after it was pumped full of chemicals since turning a cloudy green color on Tuesday.

World swimming governing body FINA blamed the color change on a failure by the organizers to sufficiently treat the water after tanks at the venue ran out of pool chemicals.

The organizers added more chlorine, which kills algae and helps to keep water blue, in the hope of repeating some success they had had with the adjacent waterpolo pool, which had also turned green. The diving pool, though, did not respond while waterpolo players complained of stinging eyes.

Bravo to Justin Rose's gold in the Mens' Golf event. It was a grueling 4-days on a course which had a distinctive voice of its own as the tournament moved-along. -Not quite a links-course. Definitely not a forest-course. Just grass... with stunning vistas of mountainous jungle-coastline in almost every shot.

I figured the 4-man US Team would get a medal, but not in the manner that it happened. The course seemed to puzzle our guys on the first two days. -With one hole being the round-killer for each guy. Rickey Fowler 4-putted the first hole on day-one and never recovered. He finished even. Patrick Reed and Bubba Watson suffered the same fate... play great, then shoot a 6. Matt Kuchar was driving his fans crazy with his birdie, bogie... birdie, bogie... birdie, then bogie scores. But today he shot a masterful 63 and won the Bronze-medal.

Henrick Stenson of Sweden won the Silver. I think the golf-course finally wore him out.

Mystery Of The Week... What happened to my pick to win, Martin Kymer? Only the greenskeeper knows...

Oh well... Now the women are on-stage for this week. Everybody's picking Lydia Ko.

I'll take-a-flyer on Ai Miyazato, Ko, and Sei Young Kim. Team USA's Lexi Thompson should be right there.

The bouncing Spring gymnast, Simone Biles, comes home with four gold medals and one bronze from the 2016 Olympics. The dominate force in gymnastics for four years lives up to her hype and her self-confidence. Failing gold in her weakest area, the balance beam, she still got on the podium with a third place bronze behind her younger teammate who placed silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    The Texas Simones

Simone Biles Won her second gold with victory in the gymnastics all-around.

Simone Manuel Shared the gold by tying for first in the women’s 100-meter freestyle.
    And then comes out and bashes the police. She's an asshole and I will root against her every chance I get. And let's not forget the Muslim fencer. Of course, a white woman who is a 2nd amendment supporter wins a medal for the 6th straight Olympics and...nothing. Not even a peep out of the media even though she is the first woman to medal in 6 consecutive Olympics. That said, I can buy badminton in the Olympics because at least there is some skill involved but equestrian events do not belong. The horse does all the damned work but the rider gets the medal?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Power CUer
    Just fabulous, Retread.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And then comes out and bashes the police. She's an asshole and I will root against her every chance I get. And let's not forget the Muslim fencer. Of course, a white woman who is a 2nd amendment supporter wins a medal for the 6th straight Olympics and...nothing. Not even a peep out of the media even though she is the first woman to medal in 6 consecutive Olympics. That said, I can buy badminton in the Olympics because at least there is some skill involved but equestrian events do not belong. The horse does all the damned work but the rider gets the medal?
    Wrong again quickstraw - You need to check your facts before pulling the trigger, It was Simone Manuel from Sugarland, the swimmer, who made the police remarks, not Simone Biles from Spring, the gymnast.

Equestrian:
    The medal is for the trainer, not the horse. When you can enter a horse that will go through the paces without a rider on board, then we'll talk again.

Now if they had a cuttin' competition, the horse would get the medal.

Last edited by Retread; 08-17-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Interesting symbol for the Rio event......

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Badminton is a sport?
    Skateboarding at the 2020 Summer Olympics is an event to be held in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan. It is one of five sports added specifically for 2020, with no guarantee it will return to the programme in later years.

Gawd I hope it’s a one hit wonder. This shite is not what the olympics is about.