Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    The same way we have won in the past, and the same way O won this time - the swing voter.

The bobblehead novelty of Obama will not last. The partisan democrat will always vote D, and they are not relevant.

The entire premise is off base and anyone who thinks the GOP is done simply has never picked up a book and read anything about politics.

Obama has some big time problems ahead of him, a political landscape filled with land mines, very real enemies, a tanking economy, a war, a world filled with people bent on destroying the USA, 8% of the popluation looking at him with their hands out, no money to give them, and 2 years worth of hype to live up to.

You guys should be asking, how on earth could the rats possibly succeed in the future? Obama may well set race relations, his own party, and this entire country back decades.
    I agree with you that the GOP is "not finished" and that reading that anyone reading that out of this election is wrong. However, the serious question still remains, "where will the votes come from?" I also agree that the swing vote, those people who call themselves "moderates" or "independents" are the key, but that group of people is reviled by many here and by the Palin-wing of the party. Do you really think any true moderate is going to vote for a Palin ticket (or a ticket espousing Palin's views)?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    "Allows?" Did GWB allow 9/11 to happen? You're not one of those, are you?;)
    Well, we'll have to see, based on the facts, if he allows it. We'll see what changes he makes to our national security and our war on terror and weigh the evidence, if it happens.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I agree with you that the GOP is "not finished" and that reading that anyone reading that out of this election is wrong. However, the serious question still remains, "where will the votes come from?" I also agree that the swing vote, those people who call themselves "moderates" or "independents" are the key, but that group of people is reviled by many here and by the Palin-wing of the party. Do you really think any true moderate is going to vote for a Palin ticket (or a ticket espousing Palin's views)?
    Of course they would. IMO, the vast majority of moderates are fiscally and socially more right leaning on most issues.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    Of course they would. IMO, the vast majority of moderates are fiscally and socially more right leaning on most issues.
    Fiscally, yes; socially, no. Look at how voters rate the importance of social issues, including abortion, gay marriage, abstinence education -- virtually no interest. Remember, most women today of child-bearing age have never lived in a country wherein abortion is illegal. Anti-gay marriage won the day last week, primarily on the backs of hispanics, blacks, and Mormons, so that may be an area wherein the social conservatives can capitalize. But, on the whole, most people just want government out of their personal lives and don't really give a FF what others do in the bedroom.

And, after the Bush administration's fiscal achievements, who's going to trust the R's to be fiscally conservative anymore.

The time of the Republican has passed.
    You are right, not one single Republican was elected last Tuesday.

Fiscally, yes; socially, no. Look at how voters rate the importance of social issues, including abortion, gay marriage, abstinence education -- virtually no interest.
    exactly.

Remember, most women today of child-bearing age have never lived in a country wherein abortion is illegal. Anti-gay marriage won the day last week, primarily on the backs of hispanics, blacks, and Mormons, so that may be an area wherein the social conservatives can capitalize. But, on the whole, most people just want government out of their personal lives and don't really give a FF what others do in the bedroom.

And, after the Bush administration's fiscal achievements, who's going to trust the R's to be fiscally conservative anymore.
    Well, luckily for us, our competition are democrats.

:eek::eek::eek: um..........like wow.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Blacks have never voted Republican, they never will. We have won without them, we will win without them again.

Obama had help from some other folks also.....

“It would be no exaggeration to say that we Arabs and Muslims were the main unseen voters who decided the outcome of these elections,” wrote Abdelbari Atwan in Wednesday’s issue of the London-based pan-Arab daily newspaper Al Quds Al Arabi.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/08/wo...in&oref=slogin

P1: GITMO.
    It's a PRISON. It is not a DIMocRAT talking point. They eat better than ever. They live cleaner than ever. We took their freedom because they were involved in killing our people. They are in a PRISON. The prison is in CUBA. Why would moving them to another PRISON in a different location be any different? You are getting enough sleep aren't you?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

A local person of color that happens to be a radio host said that "the Republican Convention looked like a big glass of buttermilk with a few raisins in it" and that may be a fairly accurate interpretation of your party's reality.
    That's because you're a bunch of racist asshats.

"The Obama White House will look like a big pile of shit with a few marshmallows stuck in it."

Or how about...

"The Obama White House will look like a packed chimpanzee cage with a few albino chimps in it."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana