1. #1 Pelosi says voters "Stupid And "misunderstood Prop. 8 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Is That So Nancy Dear ?Pelosi As Usual Tells a Wopper and Expects To Get Away With It !"

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi expressed deep disappointment on Friday that California voters approved Prop. 8, the measure banning same-sex marriage, and defended her ally, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, against critics who say his actions contributed to its passage.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Chronicle, Pelosi said she believes some voters might not have fully understood the initiative, which overturned a state Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. The measure was approved 52 to 48 percent.

"Unfortunately, I think people thought they were making a statement about what their view of same-sex marriage was," the San Francisco Democrat said. "I don't know if it was clear that this meant that we are amending the Constitution to diminish freedom in our state."

Newsom played a starring role in TV and radio ads aired by the Yes on Prop. 8 campaign, which seized on his remarks at a rally in May after the court's ruling that same-sex marriages were "going to happen, whether you like it or not." The measure's passage was seen as a blow to the possibility of a Newsom bid for governor.

Pelosi, a longtime supporter of Newsom, said the mayor should not be blamed for the measure's success. "He acted upon his beliefs. He feels very strongly that there should not be discrimination and that fairness should prevail for all parts of our society," she said. "Some may say there are political risks, but I know the (bigger) political risk for him was to do what he didn't believe, and he would never do that."snip
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNE0140996.DTL

Sonnabend
    In a wide-ranging interview with The Chronicle, Pelosi said she believes some voters might not have fully understood the initiative, which overturned a state Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. The measure was approved 52 to 48 percent.
    They understood it completely.

You're the one who doesn't get it yet.

3. #3 "The San Francisco Gays Won't Forgive The Will Of The People Voting !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    No chance for normalcy after Prop. 8 loss,By C.W. Nevius

"The Bay Area Gays Won't Forgive The Democratic Will Of The Voting Public ,"They Prefer Legislation By The Judiciary When It's In Their Favor !""Vox Populi or Vox Catamite !"

Now that the election is over, there's a refrain coming from those who supported Proposition 8, the constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage:

Well, they say, we're glad that's over. Now we can move on and get back to everyday life. Hope there are no hard feelings.

It's a lovely sentiment and an optimistic thought. There is just one problem. It isn't happening.

"There ARE hard feelings," said Lisa Geduldig, a San Francisco resident. "If I voted against your social group having equal rights, you'd be sore too. You might be lovely people, but you voted in favor of discrimination."

This isn't like a disagreement between two co-workers about who should be president or a debate about whether city funds should be set aside for affordable-housing projects. This is a deep, visceral divide between two cultures. And, with more protests scheduled this weekend in San Francisco and in the state, it seems the anger and resentment will only increase.

Gay and lesbian couples who wanted to get married were deeply disappointed and hurt by the outcome of the election. But now the Prop. 8 backers are complaining that they are the wronged party.

"I think what infuriates me the most is that supporters of Prop. 8 could now possibly be portraying themselves as victims after successfully taking the rights away from other people," said San Francisco resident Paul Holtz. "It's bizarre, paranoid, and silly for them to be claiming suffering at this point."

Prop. 8 backers have been writing me to say they have been shocked at the vehemence of the reaction to their "Yes on Prop. 8" yard signs and bumper stickers. A woman, who asked to be identified as "Kathy in Pleasanton," because she fears retaliation, detailed a list of encounters.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAGD140G16.DTL

Every commercial for and against it said it was a constitutional amendment. It said it right on the ballot..right where the ballot even pretended there would be lost revenue and sales tax .
    ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME–SEX COUPLES TO MARRY. INITIATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT.
    That is what was on the ballot.

I guess the libs are reaching for any excuse.

That's right, we are so stupid in California that we couldn't read the ballot, and we misunderstood every ad we saw

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    For Pelosi and people of her mindset, it's all about re-education don'tcha know.

People couldn't possibly know what they think. We have to change that.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    Every commercial for and against it said it was a constitutional amendment. It said it right on the ballot..right where the ballot even pretended there would be lost revenue and sales tax .

That is what was on the ballot.

I guess the libs are reaching for any excuse.
    This just reveals their arrogance. Liberals can't accept that people actually don't buy the crap they shovel and have to explain it away.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Oh noes...the sky is falling!

The gays are going nuts here in SoCal, especially in LA. I can only imagine what's happenings up in the gay bay. My uncle, who is gay, called my mom and asked her to go with him to march in Hollywood. She told him no...little does he know she voted for Prop 8. I think the gays have come to realize that it was not white EVIL bigots that got Prop 8 passed...it was the blacks, hispanics and other minority groups.

I am so tired of these liberals running to the courts every time something does not go their way. I'm tired of stupid ass liberals like Pelosi and Newsom saying that I didn't understand what Prop 8 meant. I knew exactly what it meant and I voted for it.

If there is any group that comes across more intolerant, it is the gays. They have no respect for our democracy or for their fellow citizens. People who do not embrace their lifestyle are labeled as intolerant and hateful. The majority has spoken and instead of trying to reach out to people, they run to the liberal judges. That pisses people off big time and it hurts their cause. I'm glad it passed...nothing like ruffling several liberal feathers. :D