1. #1 I hate people sometimes. 
    Vepr
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/...us/baby_killed

Stories like this make me ill. At least the officer saved everyone from having to pay for a trial but it is to bad the guy got off so easy.

Too bad for the kid that none of the people who stopped had a CCW and a weapon.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naďve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Vepr
    The one couple was elderly so I can somewhat understand why they were not able to stop him but everyone else should have tackled him or taken a tire iron to his head. I don't care how big he was or crazy he was acting I would rather die trying to stop him rather than live knowing I stood by and watched a child die. Best case would be like you mentioned a few rounds to the torso but this is California we are talking about. While I don't think we should need a CCW to carry anywhere I am glad Georgia's laws are like they are. I have had mine now for 8 years. I never travel without.

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    The one couple was elderly so I can somewhat understand why they were not able to stop him but everyone else should have tackled him or taken a tire iron to his head. I don't care how big he was or crazy he was acting I would rather die trying to stop him rather than live knowing I stood by and watched a child die. Best case would be like you mentioned a few rounds to the torso but this is California we are talking about. While I don't think we should need a CCW to carry anywhere I am glad Georgia's laws are like they are. I have had mine now for 8 years. I never travel without.
    SAme here on the CCW. Realising they're in PDR of Kalifornia, it makes the state look really bad. No one had a baseball bat, tire iron, or golf club handy? Too bad for the kid.

As to the target, 2 in the chest, one in the head. Only one story that way.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naďve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    You're lucky that in Georgia you have a "defense of others" statute. Many states prohibit the use of lethal force in the defense of others. In some jurisdictions, using lethal force to defend someone else is a homocide offense.

I'd say the killer got off light getting wasted quickly by a cop.
    Had he been convicted and sent to jail (Assuming that a lefty defense attorney didn't get him out on a technicality or something), I'd imagine that once his fellow prison inmates got wind of what he did, they'd make him REALLY suffer.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    You're lucky that in Georgia you have a "defense of others" statute. Many states prohibit the use of lethal force in the defense of others. In some jurisdictions, using lethal force to defend someone else is a homocide offense.

In any state, much depends on whether the local prosecutor wants to prosecute the person or not-a good lawyer and sympathetic witnesses would make a jury conviction impossible. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't want a jury trial?

The only thing in my car that could be used as a weapon are the jumper cables-I guess they could be used to choke someone.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    In any state, much depends on whether the local prosecutor wants to prosecute the person or not-a good lawyer and sympathetic witnesses would make a jury conviction impossible. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't want a jury trial?

The only thing in my car that could be used as a weapon are the jumper cables-I guess they could be used to choke someone.
    Connect jumpers to car battery, then to the perps scrotum after you've subdued him. Crank ebgine and rev.