Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Musings 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool and clear on the mountain. We had a little rain last night but the sky is amazingly blue on this lovely Saturday. 41 degrees overnight.

I was going to do a whiney thread and moan about the election but I thought better of it. So many insightful and informative things have been posted in other threads already and I feel it has been well covered.

That said, we are moving toward the Holidays of Thanksgiving and Advent and Christmas and New Years.

This is a busy time of year, but I think, a fun one. Some will enter the holiday season missing a loved one for the first time for that holiday. Yet such is life.

This time of year brings back memories of childhood for me. It also brings to mind cherished traditions of the season. Thanksgiving Turkey and dressing. Advent wreaths and candles. Christmas trees.

TOTD: Are you getting ready for the Holidays yet? They're just around the corner. (I know, you're welcome for the reminder.) Are you starting to get in the holiday mood? What things do you do to celebrate. What do you reflect on this time of year?

Happy Holidays CU.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Off this weekend as we prepare for the pure insanity of a dozen or so crazed twelve year-olds descending upon our humble abode to celebrate the birthday of Tristan. Yay, me. I should start drinking now...but it is only 9:30...

TOTD: Shannon plans for Christmas in July. She lives for it. I live for Halloween...and "pigging out" on Turkey Day. I like Christmas, don't get me wrong, but working in retail, well, we love this time of year (ahem) but I hate the way people behave when they get stressed.

I DO love the smell of a freshly cut Christmas tree. Best smell in the world. Next to puppy breath, of course! :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    bah humbug
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    bah humbug

Hi Lurkie. You know that cute little critter needs Santa to bring her some Jedi stuff. Better get ready. :D

Christmas trees. I love 'em too. I like a mix of decorations, some traditional and some modern. I have a little Starship Enterprise tree ornament that has little lights on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Hi Lurkie. You know that cute little critter needs Santa to bring her some Jedi stuff. Better get ready. :D
    broke the santa news to her this summer, am now working on "santa has had some rough times what with this economy and all" talk....
    :D

broke the santa news to her this summer, am now working on "santa has had some rough times what with this economy and all" talk....
    :D
    Santa always makes it through.

Tonight in the Jukebox I'm going to play the old song about Santa and Sputnick just for you.

Santa always makes it through.

Tonight in the Jukebox I'm going to play the old song about Santa and Sputnick just for you.
    it ain't gonna work..i'm a grinch thru and thru! you can't break me spandex man, the powers of ass rash woman will triumph every time!

it ain't gonna work..i'm a grinch thru and thru! you can't break me spandex man, the powers of ass rash woman will triumph every time!
    Ha! And again I say, Ha! Santa and Bubba will prevail. I actually look like Santa a bit as I get older. It's getting hard to find spandex that will stretch that much.

Ha! And again I say, Ha! Santa and Bubba will prevail. I actually look like Santa a bit as I get older. It's getting hard to find spandex that will stretch that much.
    its not quite 7 am here and you've given me a visual image that I am not sure I can live with! :eek: