Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    its not quite 7 am here and you've given me a visual image that I am not sure I can live with! :eek:
    Bald on top, like santa, and with shoulder length hair all the way around. That's right, Santa and I both have bitchin' skullets,

I'm a little girth deficient but i'm working on it. My hair and beard are too dark though. Best I can do is salt and pepper.

And red and black spandex bike pants under my red coat with white fur trim.

I'm the bees knees.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Bald on top, like santa, and with shoulder length hair all the way around. That's right, Santa and I both have bitchin' skullets,

I'm a little girth deficient but i'm working on it. My hair and beard are too dark though. Best I can do is salt and pepper.

I'm the bees knees.
    :eek::eek:
    ok, am cancelling breakfast...probably lunch as well......
    the coffee isn't even settling well right now...
    am picturing cut off bib overalls, one strap hanging off the shoulder...ewwwww I can't even go any further..
    this is just wrong! how will i ever be able to look a salvation army bell ringing santa in the eyes again? :eek:
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

:eek::eek:
    ok, am cancelling breakfast...probably lunch as well......
    the coffee isn't even settling well right now...
    am picturing cut off bib overalls, one strap hanging off the shoulder...ewwwww I can't even go any further..
    this is just wrong! how will i ever be able to look a salvation army bell ringing santa in the eyes again? :eek:
    That's right Lurkie:

Every Santa you meet,
    Every Jolly Old Elf you greet,
    Might be Bubba Claus.

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That's right Lurkie:

Every Santa you meet,
    Every Jolly Old Elf you greet,
    Might be Bubba Claus.

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    I have had a visit from the ghost of Christmas future :eek: I'm gonna go wake up the man in my bed and kick him out of the house before he turns into Bubba Claus! :mad:

I have had a visit from the ghost of Christmas future :eek: I'm gonna go wake up the man in my bed and kick him out of the house before he turns into Bubba Claus! :mad:

Feed him breakfast first. I just know he likes pancakes.

Feed him breakfast first. I just know he likes pancakes.
    oh no you don't :mad: I'm on to you and your plan to take over the world with bubba claus clones to terrify and annoy innocent people like me! I was born at night, but it wasn't last night! I didn't just fall off the turnip truck ya know...I ain't the only fool my mama raised...
    wait..that last one don't sound right..

I'm the bees knees.
    Too much info, bro, too much info!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

TOTD: Are you getting ready for the Holidays yet? They're just around the corner. (I know, you're welcome for the reminder.) Are you starting to get in the holiday mood? What things do you do to celebrate. What do you reflect on this time of year?

Happy Holidays CU.
    I am definitely getting in the holiday mood. Plans are coming together for Thanksgiving. I'll be bringing a mac 'n' cheese casserole, rolls, and some wine to my sister's place.

Christmas will be exciting and stress-free this year. As a family, we made the decision to not buy each other anything and instead pool our money for a small day trip to northern Arizona. We'll look at Christmas lights, enjoy a train ride, and most importantly, each others' company. I'm so looking forward to it!
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Power CUer
    I'm getting more in a "seasonal" mood so far; autumn is spectacular right here in my own yard. Luminous yellow leaves on the cherry tree, and bright, bright red on the Japanese maples in back. The leaves are really coming down today, and will probably be mostly on the ground by the end of the weekend.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

We're getting ready for a little snow tomorrow. I'm baking the usual bread this morning but I'm also going to try out americangirl's microwave rising method later.

TOTD: I tend to think more about the religious aspect of Advent and Christmas and I do like that part. The secular party part is also fun and we do a lot of entertaining during that time. No decorating takes place at the Snaps household prior to December. We have the fall stuff out now but no reindeer, elves, or whatever will appear until well after Thanksgiving. We put the lights up sooner because of the weather but we don't turn them on.