Thread: Book Thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Bi or Tri ?
    I own both. Straub's Magic Terror was excellent. He's such a masterful storyteller, much more "literary" than your usual fare, but a nice change of pace. His story, "Mr. Clubb & Mr. Cuff" was one of the most disturbing things I've read in a while. I'm only 40 pages into Odd's latest adventure but it is good so far.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    'Signs of the Spirit' by Sam Storms and 'The Spirit of Revival - the Wisdom of Jonathan Edwards' by R.C. Sproul and Archie Parrish.
    Have you ever met R.C. Sproul?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    That is such a good book. I'll never look at high fashion in quite the same way again.

I have just finished Ted Dekker's Adam.

I like all of Dekkers books. I just finished Phillip Margolins Wild Justice, It was good.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    I own both. Straub's Magic Terror was excellent. He's such a masterful storyteller, much more "literary" than your usual fare, but a nice change of pace. His story, "Mr. Clubb & Mr. Cuff" was one of the most disturbing things I've read in a while. I'm only 40 pages into Odd's latest adventure but it is good so far.

Tri Focals or Bi Focals ?With all of your reading you must use them !I also enjoy Patrick O'brien's navel adventures.His 'Wine Dark Sea ' was most enjoyable.Another I have just finished is 'The Great Mutiny '.I generally read several books at the same time putting them down when they go temporally dry and return to them later.
    Last edited by megimoo; 11-08-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Have you ever met R.C. Sproul?
    No but I would like to. I would like to study at Ligonier down in Orlando. I've watched several of his video series and read many of his books.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    No but I would like to. I would like to study at Ligonier down in Orlando. I've watched several of his video series and read many of his books.
    He's an excellent instructor. I believe he is still teaching at RTS in Orlando, well, Oviedo, so he's close by. RTS is generally very receptive to visitors or prospective students sitting in on a class or two.

I sat in on one of his classes on the Westminster Confession. Really good.

Dr. Frank James is also a marvelous instrctor if he's still there. His particular field of study is church history. I think he focuses on the Reformation since it is Reformed Theological Seminary.

They also have distance learning classes. They are a fine seminary with three campuses and some satellite facilities as well. Oviedo may not be that far from where you are.

http://www.rts.edu/site/about/campus...ndo/index.aspx
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!