Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Bali bombers Mukhlas, Amrozi, and Imam Samudra shot dead by firing squad 
    Sonnabend
    THREE Bali bombers have been executed on an Indonesian island for their lead roles in the 2002 nightclub bombings that killed 202 people, including 88 Australians. The family of Mukhlas and his younger brother Amrozi said the bombers had been executed along with Imam Samudra just after midnight local time (4am AEDT) on Nusakambangan Island, in Central Java, where they had been jailed.

“Our family has received news of the execution ... May our brothers, God willing, be invited by green birds to heaven now,” Mohammad Chozin, a brother of Mukhlas and Amrozi, said in their home village of Tenggulun.

“We're now handling the preparations to bring the bodies back, which may take two hours,” he said outside an Islamic boarding school in the east Java village, as supporters shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is greater).

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-38196,00.html

Lady, believe me when I tell you that nothing would have given me more pleasure than to be handed a gun, walk up to these murdering scum and one by one, blow their brains out with bullets dipped in pig fat.

Had I had my way, they would be buried in graves lined with pig entrails, each one of them with a dead dog by their side.

May they, and you, burn in Hell for eternity.
    Last edited by bijou; 11-09-2008 at 04:33 AM. Reason: To put into B/N format

Too bad they are being nice and giving the bodies back.

I would have chopped them up into little pieces and dropped them in the ocean from an airplane, for the sharks to snack on.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

The world's a much better place.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

sweet justice
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Too bad they are being nice and giving the bodies back.

I would have chopped them up into little pieces and dropped them in the ocean from an airplane, for the sharks to snack on.

You know, it would take a real chum to be willing to do that.:p:D

Good on ya....;)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I hope that giving the bodies back does not turn out to be a huge mistake. Now they have symbols to rally around. :(
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sonnabend
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...76-663,00.html

Bali bomber and smiling assassin Amrozi died a coward

AMROZI, the smiling assassin, was not so brave when faced with his own death. His older brother Mukhlas was more defiant and praised God to the end.

And when the time came - about 11pm on Saturday, local Indonesian time - to be shackled hand and foot and led from their jail cells to the execution ground, the three Bali bombers accepted their fate without struggle.

Sources inside Batu prison and involved in the execution of Amrozi bin Nurhasyim, Mukhlas, aka Ali Ghufron, and Imam Samudra, aka Abdul Aziz, yesterday revealed to The Courier-Mail details of how the trio were put to death six years after their crimes.

One source said that of the three, Amrozi was the least brave and that as his end neared he looked "pale" and afraid. He was also the quickest to die after all three were strapped to wooden posts and shot at the same time by firing squads.

His older brother Mukhlas was more defiant, repeatedly shouting "Allah Akbar" until his last moments. One source said that even as he was dying he praised God.

It was Amrozi who earned the contempt of Australians and the world when, after his arrest, he smiled for the cameras and took pride in the devastation caused. When he was sentenced to death, he cheered and gave the thumbs up to judges, then to his victims' families.

The three men had known death was stalking them and, according to jail sources, seemed resigned to their fate. At 11pm on Saturday, about 30 members of the paramilitary Brimob police, wearing balaclavas to hide their identity, went to the cells of the three men.

The three were shackled hand and feet, chains running from wrist to the ankle."They looked like they accepted their fate. They didn't struggle," one witness said.As they were lead from their cells, their ankles were bound so tightly they had to shuffle.The rest of the jail was quiet except for the bombers' exhortations of "Allah Akbar".

Other prisoners didn't join in. Several days earlier the bombers had said their goodbyes to prisoners and guards and asked for the traditional Muslim forgiveness. "They were shouting but it was not really loud. The situation was quite calm. Not all three of them were shouting (Allah Akbar) at once. It was separately, one then the other," another source said.

The bombers had been praying all afternoon and when the officers came to collect them, Amrozi said he knew it was time. They had also been fasting. They were taken out to waiting double-cab pick-up trucks. Each man was put in the second row of seats, in the middle and flanked by armed police on either side.

More police sat in the back of the truck. The cars then drove off in procession to the execution zone of Nirbaya, about 3km south of the jail. Amrozi was in the first car, followed by Imam Samudra in the second car and then Mukhlas.

It took longer than anticipated to reach the site because a torrential downpour earlier in the evening had made the narrow and windy track slippery and difficult to negotiate. When they arrived at Nirbaya, the bombers were taken from the trucks and tied to posts. They were ministered to by three Muslim preachers who read to them from the Koran. It is believed that Amrozi was tied to the middle post with Samudra to his left and Mukhlas to his right and that the men were standing up.

The Bali prosecutor, Ida Bagus Wiswantanu, proceeded to read out the execution order, detailing the men's crimes and their sentences. Black hoods were put over their heads and at 12.15am the signal to shoot was given.It was a dark night, the moon shrouded in cloud and there were no stars.

But the air was crisp and clean after the earlier monsoonal rain. At 12.20am the doctor pronounced them dead and at 12.25am the three bodies were untied and taken to a nearby jail clinic for an autopsy.

Afterwards they were washed in the Muslim tradition by Ali Fauzi, the brother of Amrozi and Mukhlas, and the Muslim clerics. At dawn the men's bodies were flown in police helicopters to their home villages in East and West Java for burial.

Islamic fundamentalism is the most dangerous thing exists. What if those countries in South East Asia are converted into Islamic States! Good thing that now America keeps a close watch of those countries, making sure they are always be democratic states.

Sonnabend
    Good thing that now America keeps a close watch of those countries, making sure they are always be democratic states.
    Excuse me, wiegenlied, but the USA takes its cues from us, since this is our hemisphere, our realm of influence and we have a far better understanding of what is going on.

A little credit...hm?

Sonnabend, foremost, a sincere condolences for all who have been killed and injured.

Indeed, but Indonesia is the biggest moslem nation, if the country turned to be a radical moslem nation,
    wouldn't it be bad for all of us? I personally thought America did vested a big interest there, the
    countries are strategically important and economically rich.

I thought Bali was beautiful; it is a place for holidays. People don't go there expecting to be bombed. Terrorists
    are better off to go to the warzone if what they want is a war.