1. #1 Womens' Magazines 
    Gushing For ->Her

Meet the new distraction. Same as the old distraction.

Power CUer
    Now you know why I don't read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Now you know why I don't read them.

Well, there's also the whole "how to get ahead in the world by sleeping with your boss" mentality that used to just be a Cosmo thing, but has saturated the rest of them at this point.

I used to love Seventeen when I was a teenager. It's hard to go from that, which remains relatively innocent to this day, to the whole Glamour/Cosmo thing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well, there's also the whole "how to get ahead in the world by sleeping with your boss" mentality that used to just be a Cosmo thing, but has saturated the rest of them at this point.

I used to love Seventeen when I was a teenager. It's hard to go from that, which remains relatively innocent to this day, to the whole Glamour/Cosmo thing.
    Wow, it's been awhile since I've read a "women's" magazine. I had no idea that they had given up all their morals and values. (Cosmo was always trash, but Ladies Home Journal?)

I wouldn't subscribe to or purchase from the local grocery store racks by the check out line anything featuring Hillary on the cover.

But I confess that I do subscribe to Elle Decor and to House Beautiful, which I do enjoy.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I wouldn't subscribe to or purchase from the local grocery store racks by the check out line anything featuring Hillary on the cover.

But I confess that I do subscribe to Elle Decor and to House Beautiful, which I do enjoy.
    I don't think the home decor mags have gone that political. I could be wrong, of course.

I don't think the home decor mags have gone that political. I could be wrong, of course.
    They haven't, one of the reasons I've subscribed It could also have something to do with those offers for a year's subscription for $4.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Wow, it's been awhile since I've read a "women's" magazine. I had no idea that they had given up all their morals and values. (Cosmo was always trash, but Ladies Home Journal?)

In the 20s to the 40s, Dorothy Parker (among others) wrote for Cosmo. It was once a fashion magazine and a literary magazine for women. It's sad that people who publish "women's" magazines think so little of us these days.