1. #1 Stupid People, Part 1 
    Here is a great story about stupid Americans. She owns a house. He is a contractor. He finds $180k in the walls while remodeling and demands 40%. She wont pay. (not that I blame her). She is bankrupt, but spends the old currency on vacations and other worthless purchases. Now her home is foreclosed and the heirs to the money are suing.

Just a great story about complete idiots.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/...e_hidden_money
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Wow! What a bunch of useless morons. Looks like they are getting paid back bigtime for their stupidity. Oh well :D

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Here is a great story about stupid Americans. She owns a house. He is a contractor. He finds $180k in the walls while remodeling and demands 40%. She wont pay. (not that I blame her). She is bankrupt, but spends the old currency on vacations and other worthless purchases. Now her home is foreclosed and the heirs to the money are suing.

Just a great story about complete idiots.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/...e_hidden_money
    I just read this. The contractor wasn't entitled to anything. He was an employee on her property.

Power CUer
    I would have offered a 50/50 split, and nobody would have ever heard about this story.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I just read this. The contractor wasn't entitled to anything. He was an employee on her property.
    I agree. But since she didnt give him anything and he made a stink about it, the heirs got involved.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I agree. But since she didnt give him anything and he made a stink about it, the heirs got involved.
    Yep. Although potentially the heirs got involved when they saw them smiling in the paper about the money they had found.

My brother swears that he's going to breakdown all the walls in my house looking for money when I die. He was always finding cash in odd little places at my house...I constantly forget where I put it. But it just makes for a little smile when I find a $50 stuffed into a pocket somewhere. It's like free money to me!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This story sounds familiar, I wonder if it's an update??
    May the FORCE be with you!

BSR
    Do the heirs have a claim? The house was sold to this lady and everything in it is now hers. It's like if I sold my house and then came back 3 years later and said I wanted the granite coutertops back since they are mine. Well, not anymore they arent.

I know its a bad analogy, but what is the law on something like this ?