Thread: The Fairness Doctrine..

Hybrid View

1. #1 The Fairness Doctrine.. 
    Well, it would appear the liberals are working themselves up in a tizzy over the Fairness Doctrine. They want to bring it back...

I say NO, absolutely NOT.

But... if they do try to bring it back, I would try to get it to include ALL MEDIA. That way, the liberal cable show, newspapers et al, hurt just as much as conservative radio. I think that if fight to make sure the fairness doctrine is really and truly fair.. they will drop it.

Easier IMO to just not have it... but if they really really want it, I say we SHOVE it down their throats.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

The liberals idea of fair is making everything agree with them. They say fox news isnt fair because Hannity is republican. They say that conservative radio isnt fair because it isn't liberal. Yet a biased liberal media is perfectly fine, nothing wrong with that! Its such a joke.

The Libs remind me of why people get into that goth crap. Like, if you wont pay attention or listen to me I will make you. The thing is most people dont want to hear their garbage. If they want their trash spewed on the airwaves, they can start their own radio or tv station. But the bottom line is, if they did, it wouldn't last long because sponsors wouldn't waste time with them. They act like a bunch of spoiled ass punk kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If they want their trash spewed on the airwaves, they can start their own radio or tv station. But the bottom line is, if they did, it wouldn't last long because sponsors wouldn't waste time with them. They act like a bunch of spoiled ass punk kids.
    They did start their own. Not actually a station, but a syndication network. It's called Air America, and it has been in trouble since its start in 2004. The reason they don't get sponsors is that sponsors are smart about where to spend their money. They advertise on shows that have large numbers of actual people listening to them (like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Levin, etc.) and don't advertise on shows with few people listening. The "Fairness Doctrine" is just one more evidence that the liberals cannot stand free enterprise and free markets.

No one wants to sniveling whiney libtards.

And it dont matter how many laws they try to pass to try to make people listen to them.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    It really should be called the "censorship doctrine" or the "anti free speech doctrine."
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Roger:

Don't forget to mention, Air America was RIDDLED with shady activity. See for example:

Gloria Wise Girls & Boys Club kickback

Basically, Air America got cash under the table from a friggin CHARITY that they fraudulently spent as a "loan". The case went under Elliot Spitzer, so you can imagine how that turned out.

Eventually AA repaid the "loan", no telling how much cash they made on possible investments they could've made with it. The group accepted money from a group that frauded the Boys & Girls Club by taking New York City taxpayer cash. Disgusting behavior.

Nevertheless, Air America has filed Bankruptcy once and probably will again in the future. Why? Because Liberal Talk Radio cannot gain a significant market share of listeners. Who honestly wants to hear Al Franken or Ron Reagan?

But, where Conservatives aren't Fascist a-holes like some Liberals are, just because I don't agree with Al Franken doesn't mean I want him freakin' TAKEN OFF THE AIR! I'd rather have the freedoms our Founding Fathers envisioned.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Be prepared folks. The Censorship Doctrine is coming, with a majority in the House & Senate it will be passed under Obama. They're also talking about "regulating" the internet. It's all about silencing dissent; ala Woodrow Wilson or FDR. The only difference is that this time the Government wont have squads of goons cracking heads in the streets.

Get to know your opposition, those who are calling for the Censorship Doctrine the hardest in the Senate & House. Chuck Shumer ("Shumcky, to all you Mark Levin fans ;)) is pushing hard for it:

**shudder**
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 12-01-2008 at 08:01 AM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by RogerC View Post
    They did start their own. Not actually a station, but a syndication network. It's called ERR AMERIKA, and it has been in trouble since its start in 2004. The reason they don't get sponsors is that sponsors are smart about where to spend their money. They advertise on shows that have large numbers of actual people listening to them (like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Levin, etc.) and don't advertise on shows with few people listening. The "Fairness Doctrine" is just one more evidence that the liberals cannot stand free enterprise and free markets.
    fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by KCornett View Post
    Well, it would appear the liberals are working themselves up in a tizzy over the Fairness Doctrine. They want to bring it back...

I say NO, absolutely NOT.

But... if they do try to bring it back, I would try to get it to include ALL MEDIA. That way, the liberal cable show, newspapers et al, hurt just as much as conservative radio. I think that if fight to make sure the fairness doctrine is really and truly fair.. they will drop it.

Easier IMO to just not have it... but if they really really want it, I say we SHOVE it down their throats.
    I'm against it in any form and would work against it should it ever become law again. The government has no business censoring or regulating free speech or the press. And censorship is what it's all about.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.