View Poll Results: Are Intelligent Design and Creationism the same?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

14 60.87%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Why would He design a sightless cave crayfish?

http://www.ikc.caves.org/slideshow/images/slide30a.jpg
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Why would He design a sightless cave crayfish?

http://www.ikc.caves.org/slideshow/images/slide30a.jpg
    Because, with a little cajun spice, they taste good? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Because, with a little cajun spice, they taste good? :D
    Oh. Didn't know that. Sorry. :o
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Jinx,

Implicit in the ID concept is the idea that mankind may have been designed by aliens. Do you believe that mankind may have been designed by aliens?
    Do I believe that? No, I don't believe that. Why do you ask? I'm not even an IDer.

In any case, there are evolutionists who believe that. Got anything to say about that?

Take as much time as you need to answer the question in post #15.
    Don't be an ass. I have a life outside of CU.

What I claimed is that Mr. Behe's definition of scientific theory is so broad that under it astrology could be classified as scientific theory. That claim is confirmed in the exchange you cited...

Q But you are clear, under your definition, the definition that sweeps in intelligent design, astrology is also a scientific theory, correct?

A Yes, that's correct.
    What more do you need?
    The entire exchange about the issue, that's what. Good thing I provided it. In context, what you are quote-mining has a massively different meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Do I believe that? No, I don't believe that. Why do you ask? I'm not even an IDer.
    The idea that mankind may have been designed by aliens is implicit in the ID hypothesis and I think that anyone who supports the ID being taught as science should be aware of that implication.

In any case, there are evolutionists who believe that. Got anything to say about that?
    As long as the idea that mankind was designed by aliens is presented as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory, then I have no problem with teachers discussing it with students. Similarly, I'm not against students being exposed to ID as long as teachers don't present it as a scientific theory.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

The entire exchange about the issue, that's what. Good thing I provided it. In context, what you are quote-mining has a massively different meaning.
    The context does not contradict what I wrote about Mr. Behe. The important question now is... why do you want a concept which has, according to one of its main proponents, about as much scientific validity as astrology to be taught as science?
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-16-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

The idea that mankind may have been designed by aliens is implicit in the ID hypothesis and I think that anyone who supports the ID being taught as science should be aware of that implication.

As long as the idea that mankind was designed by aliens is presented as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory, then I have no problem with teachers discussing it with students. Similarly, I'm not against students being exposed to ID as long as teachers don't present it as a scientific theory.
    I don't have a problem with evolution being taught as a theory as opposed to it being taught as if it is a fact.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Jinx,

Implicit in the ID concept is the idea that mankind may have been designed by aliens. Do you believe that mankind may have been designed by aliens?

IN your case the answer is obvious !

Banned
    Who would that be? Scientists engaging in a little reductio ad absurdum don't really count.