View Poll Results: Are Intelligent Design and Creationism the same?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

14 60.87%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Then please tell us what happened to the first fellow to translate the Holy Bible into English.
    Luther was the first person to translate it in to German and we know what happened to him.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    What weaknesses? If he told you common descent is not fact, he mislead you. Did he offer any alternative explanations?

Again, why single out evolution? All science should be approached and understood with an open mind. I don't think that means treating evolution in a disingenuous manner to appease some people who can't interpret their Bible correctly and defy millenia of thought and philosophy regarding their own religious book.
    The weaknesses were mainly centered around holes in the geological record and lack of actual proof. Now start actually answering my questions instead of answering with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Luther was the first person to translate it in to German and we know what happened to him.
    LP is spewing lots of easily detectable BS.:D

If I could for one moment, borrow this coward. Simple as he is, a man none the less
    "Who, I say, among you have Faith."
    and.. Able to compose thought." Staggard; Please, Thomas Staggard." A sigh echoed a distant weak response.
    "Was it worth the Death?"
    Broken, his thoughts went to when his daughter was young.Her laughter; That last ray of light, cresting upon mountain tips, insisting upon innocence and truth.
    Death gnawed upon the flap of flesh. Lapping blood as a blind drunkard. Ruthless, with purpose; filling the gaps between fight and feast.
    "Again no, not one, fucking thanx."
    "...should I just go to Smiths' and get some bacon."
    "Tell me does Binky know when it's time to go."flinching, Thomas quipped.
    Death pondered which part of him he'd like to play show and tell with.
    "LOOK,YOU FUCK...... I've seen life!!!" leaves shuffle softly.A cool breeze spreads dew, leaf to leaf.
    "and, ffffiptttt, fupppptttt.Remember, its early yet, so take your time."

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    What weaknesses? If he told you common descent is not fact, he mislead you. Did he offer any alternative explanations?

Again, why single out evolution? All science should be approached and understood with an open mind. I don't think that means treating evolution in a disingenuous manner to appease some people who can't interpret their Bible correctly and defy millenia of thought and philosophy regarding their own religious book.
    In my opinion the two biggest weaknesses of evolution is its inablity to demonstrate how evolution got started and the distinct lack of transitional species in the fossil record. There should be more transitional species than complete ones. For example if a horse evolved from a small mammal where are the fossils of all the species in between? There should be lots of them. In fact there should be more transitional species than actual horse fossils. Shouldn't I see something that looks like 40 precent horse and 60 percent something else. Then 50 percent horse and 50 percent something else... right on up to the 100 percent horse fossils we find today?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    LP is spewing lots of easily detectable BS.:D
    And yet you've nothing to refute it. Gee, how predictable.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And yet you've nothing to refute it. Gee, how predictable.:p
    It has been easily refuted. Try reading.

why not just say the catholics are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    Well, actually - on the subject of astronomy, after their Galileo embarrassment, the Catholics finally came around to a fairly scientific perspective.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    Totally off topic...is Central a city in Florida?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III