Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Power CUer
    PS: I cannot TELL you how happy I am that this whole issue is a thing of the past for me.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    PS: I cannot TELL you how happy I am that this whole issue is a thing of the past for me.
    :D Now that's funny!

Power CUer
    Well, only the truth is funny. There was never a time in my life when a pregnancy would have been welcome news, and thanks to a skilled surgeon's attentions five years ago, the Point is Moot.

Well, only the truth is funny. There was never a time in my life when a pregnancy would have been welcome news, and thanks to a skilled surgeon's attentions five years ago, the Point is Moot.
    Sorry...I thought you were talking about "the change".

Power CUer
    I suppose I'm there by now, it's hard to tell, but there was Medical Intervention. Of course, I was 47 then, so pregnancy would have been unlikely in any case. A little before that, my husband was with me at a doctor's appointment where I was put on a new medication. The dr. wouldn't prescribe it if there were any chance I could be pregnant, so she ordered a pregnancy text even though it was highly unlikely.

It was amusing, though, to go out to the waiting room to give my husband THAT news. He just opened his eyes in alarm and said, "I don't know where you go for that, but I certainly hope it's right near cardiology."

Banned
    Think in terms of H.L. Mencken's line about people of certain denominations being wracked by "the suspicion that someone, somewhere, migjht be having a good time".
    Yes, it's amazing how concerns regarding others "having a good time" cross ideological boundaries. Conservatives worry about it because people may be sinning while liberals worry about many of the same issues because people might be harming themselves or "the common good."

One suspects that both groups are worried because others are doing things they would like to do but are afraid of doing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Yes, it's amazing how concerns regarding others "having a good time" cross ideological boundaries. Conservatives worry about it because people may be sinning while liberals worry about many of the same issues because people might be harming themselves or "the common good."
    It's pretty damn annoying and unattractive, either way.