1. #1 Double-Dipped Chicken Parmesan 
    You cannot go to an Italian restaraunt and get this dish any better than this, no lie! Those guys can't drink while they cook! I can!!
    Seriously, this is not that complicated to do, the sauce takes the most time, unless you go Prego!!

Ingredients
    4 large eggs
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    About 3 cups good quality bread crumbs, seasoned or plain
    2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
    1/4 cup olive oil
    7 cups tomato sauce, store bought Not quite, one day I will post my secret killer sauce recipe!!
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    1/3 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, optional, for garnish
    Accompaniments: Cooked linguine and Sauteed broccoli rabe, recipes follow
    Directions
    Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk with salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs on a large plate. Dip the chicken in the egg and then dredge in the bread crumbs. Re-dip in the egg a second time and then dredge in the bread crumbs again.

In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat. Brown the double-dipped chicken in the hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain on paper towels. The chicken can be made up to this point a day ahead of time. Wrap the chicken in aluminum foil and refrigerate.

Simmer the tomato sauce until hot. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Pour about 2 cups of the sauce in the bottom of a large gratin dish or large ovenproof, glass baking dish. Place the browned chicken breasts on top of the sauce and cover with 1/2 or all of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake on the middle shelf for 15 minutes, or until the sauce and cheese are bubbling.

Serve hot, and sprinkle with parsley, if using.

Cook's note: The chef's preference is to have a lot of tomato sauce poured on top of the chicken. If less saucy chicken is desired, use only 1/2 the amount of the sauce.

Linguine with Olive Oil:
    1 pound linguine
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    Red pepper flakes, to taste
    2 cloves garlic, sliced
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook the linguine for 10 minutes, or until it is al dente and drain. In a large pan, heat olive oil, add garlic slices and saute. Add red pepper flakes, to taste. Add pasta and toss.

Brown those babies!

Assemble.

Take it out while its bubbling!

Oh man, its time to show off and plate! Eat up!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Awww MAN! You guys all post up the most fantastic meals. If I ate that I'd be in the gym for the next two weeks. How do you guys do it.

grrrrrrrr :mad:

Now I'm going to get a bowl of granola to eat.....
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Awww MAN! You guys all post up the most fantastic meals. If I ate that I'd be in the gym for the next two weeks. How do you guys do it.

grrrrrrrr :mad:

Now I'm going to get a bowl of granola to eat.....
    Haha, its easy, I'm fat! lol!:D

But happy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    But happy!
    AMEN! It looks awesome. I might pull this one off for Thanksgiving. It's just me and the wife and that would be the heat. I like non-traditional.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Oh man that looks good.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!