Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Dell sucks donkey 
    Period. Do not buy anything made by those goons. They cannot make quality. It is impossible. After being burned by a Dell POS three years ago, I decided to give their Brand New Precision Mobile Workstation a try. I loaded it to the nines, and dropped about $2500 on it.

It was DOA out of the box. Blue screen of death on boot and could never get past it. Wiped the drive and installed XP. It booted, but CPU was stuck at 100% utilization and the machine was useless. I paid $300 for next day, on site support, so I called Dell. They gave me an IP to go to so they could "remote diagnose" my problem. After telling them three times it wouldnt even boot, they agreed to send someone out.

Took them 5 days to get someone out for my "Next Day, On Site" support. He was clueless. Replaced the hard drive, reinstalled the OS, same problem. He left.

That was 5 weeks ago. Still no sign of a Dell tech coming back to fix the machine. Oh, and no refunds either since I opened the box. Thats right. DOA out of the box and no refunds. So now I have a $2500 paperweight.

Thank goodness for AMEX. Calling to dispute the charge tomorrow.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Patent Member
    http://www.newegg.com

The old saying is still true today: if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Buy quality parts, know what you're putting into your PC, and get exactly what you want.

I'm still usin my old Dell laptop. It's on it's last leg..But I had the gold service plan. they've came to my house replaced the keyboard, touchpad, motherboard and CD drive...I've never had any problems(except for tryin to over work it)
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

For the most part I've heard way more good than bad about Dell equipment & support. I'm sticking with HP because I have had excellent performance from their equipment & superior Customer service the two times I availed it.

Few yrs back (4 -5 or there abouts) when I had my first flat panel monitor for about a yr it started to pixellate. I called the HP customer service number I had. Explained to the guy what the Monitor was doing. He said yep it's FUBAR. Said they were going to send me a replacement monitor & I was to put the old on in the packing the new one came in & send it back. This was in the morning,the next afternoon I had my new monitor.

Couple months later my system was doing some freaky stuff. After trouble shooting via Customer service phone support suggestions the problem wasn't found or fixed. They gave me some names & addresses of local HP authorized repair companies I could take my system to to get it fixed at no charge. They also gave me the option of paying if memory serves it was $22 for in home repair. I opted for the in home.

Again it was about 2 days later the guy shows up at my doorstep to have a look at my computer. After about 5 minutes of tweaking he stated 'It's your Video card. Your video card is hardwired to the mother board so I am going to just give you a new mother board. About 15 minutes later my Computer was up & running. The Tech didn't take the $22, he said he could include it in his bill to HP.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    For the most part I've heard way more good than bad about Dell equipment & support. I'm sticking with HP because I have had excellent performance from their equipment & superior Customer service the two times I availed it.
    HP sucks now too. I just recently spent hours of my life I can't get back with some cats in India who were clueless. I completed a customer satisfaction survey and rated them a zero. I also informed them I'll never buy another HP product in my lifetime.

HP just quit caring. When will these guys bring customer service back to the US? They are all in bed together. I guess if you want a good machine you have to build it yourself and be your own customer support.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    HP sucks now too. I just recently spent hours of my life I can't get back with some cats in India who were clueless. I completed a customer satisfaction survey and rated them a zero. I also informed them I'll never buy another HP product in my lifetime.

HP just quit caring. When will these guys bring customer service back to the US? They are all in bed together. I guess if you want a good machine you have to build it yourself and be your own customer support.
    Little known secret about these Customer servicece call centers is they do have Domestic only(PC code for english only) service reps. You do have to request one though. I did have an chat with a young gal in India, From what I could understand she seemed to know her stuff. She tried and I wasn't complaining but after awhile she asked if it was ok if she transferred me to a domestic rep.

I have heard HP has went downhillconsiderably since acquiring Compaq. That & that CEO chic that tried to drive them into the ground but they eventually shit canned her.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    HP sucks now too.
    Not their printers though. Their printers have always and continue to rock.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    http://www.newegg.com

The old saying is still true today: if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Buy quality parts, know what you're putting into your PC, and get exactly what you want.
    I am glad i scrolled down a little because this is exactly what i was going to say. Build ur own or have one built it for you. Compaq, Dell and HP need to be avoided like the plague. Although, i have a Toshiba laptop for two years now and it is still like new. I am very happy with it so far.

I'm done with PC's for good.

The abomination called Vista put the last nail in that coffin.

I gave Mac a try after deciding I was not buying a new PC with Vista installed on it and couldn't be happier. I've found what true quality is.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    I'm done with PC's for good.

The abomination called Vista put the last nail in that coffin.

I gave Mac a try after deciding I was not buying a new PC with Vista installed on it and couldn't be happier. I've found what true quality is.
    You do know that only Hippies use Macs right? :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.