Thread: Dell sucks donkey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    http://www.newegg.com

The old saying is still true today: if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Buy quality parts, know what you're putting into your PC, and get exactly what you want.
    One of my best friends custom built my system for me using mainly that site - and as a result I got a system that I would have had to have paid over $3000 for if I had purchased it commercially - for just over $1000. 2 intel core duo processors - 3 hard drives totaling over 1500 GIGS - top of the line video everything else - 21 inch flat panel monitor . . . . 8 gigs ram . . . . a heat sink as big as my head and a brushed aluminum case. :) I'm good for a few years.

NOW - my computer at work - the one i am using now - is a POS and guess who made it? Yup. Dell.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 11-12-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    HP sucks now too.
    Not their printers though. Their printers have always and continue to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Not their printers though. Their printers have always and continue to rock.
    I'll second that. They cost more overall but IMHO worth the few extra bucks. I was leery of those All-in-on printer/fax/copier/scanner setups but my kids got me one for Christmas about 4 yrs ago. It's still going strong and still amazes me at times. Was a couple hundred bucks well spent I'd say.

Side note: Dell does not make their own printers. They used to have a Name Liscensing agreement with HP, Xerox, Epson, Canon and Lexmark. About five yrs back made the decission to go head to head against printer manufacturers by selling Dell-branded printers, and it gave Lexmark the dubious honor of serving as the exclusive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of those printers.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-12-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'll second that. They cost more overall but IMHO worth the few extra bucks. I was leery of those All-in-on printer/fax/copier/scanner setups but my kids got me one for Christmas about 4 yrs ago. It's still going strong and still amazes me at times. Was a couple hundred bucks well spent I'd say.

Side note: Dell does not make their own printers. They used to have a Name Liscensing agreement with HP, Xerox, Epson, Canon and Lexmark. About five yrs back made the decission to go head to head against printer manufacturers by selling Dell-branded printers, and it gave Lexmark the dubious honor of serving as the exclusive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of those printers.
    I do a TON of printing so it was a great investment for me to get a HP business inkjet and I highly recommend then to anyone looking to buy a printer. They are sooo much more cost effective if you do a lot of photo or other color printing because they have the ink heads separate from the ink itself and they have the colors separate as well. SO when I but a $30 cartridge - I get $30 worth of ink I will use until its gone. No throwing out a color cartridge because it's out of yellow even thought the blue and cyan are both still full . . . .

I do a TON of printing so it was a great investment for me to get a HP business inkjet and I highly recommend then to anyone looking to buy a printer. They are sooo much more cost effective if you do a lot of photo or other color printing because they have the ink heads separate from the ink itself and they have the colors separate as well. SO when I but a $30 cartridge - I get $30 worth of ink I will use until its gone. No throwing out a color cartridge because it's out of yellow even thought the blue and cyan are both still full . . . .
    I was thinking that after my previous post. Their ink cartridge techology is such that savings in a short little while makes up for the premium expemded on the printer. The durability of the printer is an incalculable savings also.

I gave my old 560C printer to the church secretary about 8 - 10 yrs ago. It's still running like a champ.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I've had my problems with both gateway and dell. It's my considered opinion that you don't buy a good running comp and OS, you just rent it. With use and time these things always screw up. Always get the re-install disks so you can re-install the OS. There'll be times where it'll be the only recourse to wipe the comp of virus etc. The beauty of comps is that they're assembly-line machines with craftsman-style options. Choose carefully with an eye towards eventual upgrades to begin with, and you can extend the machines useful life years past what it's original components could have coped with.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'm on my 2nd Dell for home use and also use them in work. I used to build my own systems too but just got tired of it for some reason.

I've always been happy with Dell equipment. My 1st Dell (which i still have) just flat out died one day on bootup. My current one is a Dell Dimension E521 with the Athlon X2 chip, plenty horsepower for surfin the net and WP, I'm not a gamer.

So far, I haven't had to call Dell for support.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm done with PC's for good.

The abomination called Vista put the last nail in that coffin.

I gave Mac a try after deciding I was not buying a new PC with Vista installed on it and couldn't be happier. I've found what true quality is.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    I'm done with PC's for good.

The abomination called Vista put the last nail in that coffin.

I gave Mac a try after deciding I was not buying a new PC with Vista installed on it and couldn't be happier. I've found what true quality is.
    You do know that only Hippies use Macs right? :p

You do know that only Hippies use Macs right? :p
    Seriously! Whats next? Sandals with socks?
    **** Obama and **** you too.