I'm putting this in GD instead of the Lounge because this book has unusually wide application to many of the issues we often discuss such as free of speech, political correctness, and identity politics to name just a few. I would encourage anyone interested in conservative principle to buy this book. You will not be disappointed.

My review:

Cry Wolf by Paul Lake is an astonishing book. Not only is it an unflinching look at the destructive nature of political correctness but it also offers the reader a lyrical story telling experience.

In the tradition of Animal Farm, Lake's story unfolds on a peaceful farm that has passed into the care of domestic animals after the death of the human owner. The animals cooperate to solve the problems of sowing and reaping, defense, education, and the creation of a rule of law.

The first law is that of No Trespassing. Fences are maintained and dogs patrol the borders to keep out wild animals that would kill the farm residents or destroy the vital crops. When the animals make a compassionate decision to provide temporary refuge to a wounded doe, they take the first unthinking step toward the destruction of everything they hold dear.

Cry Wolf examines a number of issues that are eroding our ability to think clearly and reasonably. The stifling imposition of politically correct speech, the reframing of issues, the post modern attachment to ethical relativism, and the descent into tribalism through ethnicity are only a few of the issues woven through Lake's haunting story.

You will not only see the teachers, the politicians, the academics, the judges, and the activists in Lake's book - you will see yourself. That sight may be clearer and harsher than you have been used to seeing in a very long time.

Cry Wolf will have you mulling over the creeping suppression of free speech that is slowly crushing dissent in the United States. It will surprise you with its insights into all too human character. It will entrance you with its prose and characters. It will greatly disturb you. It will do what good books always do - it will make you think.