Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 More Photoshop Painting 
    Here is something I was playing with the other night. Still not that great but I feel I'm making progress.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Personally I couldn't paint my way out of a paper bag. But a Wacom tablet is a great help when editing photos and I've read where artists say that after using one, they'd never go back to working with a mouse alone.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Personally I couldn't paint my way out of a paper bag. But a Wacom tablet is a great help when editing photos and I've read where artists say that after using one, they'd never go back to working with a mouse alone.
    It takes some practice to paint but I think anyone can do it. I been looking for a sketch pad but those things cost alot of money and I just don't sketch good enough to afford one. When I do sketch I do it on paper and then scan it in and color it. The above "painting" was free hand (no underlying sketch). My clouds are getting better but I have too much blue in this one. The grass is a green airbrush with noise added and then a motion blur to give it the illusion of blades of grass.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-11-2008 at 09:58 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It takes some practice to paint but I think anyone can do it. I been looking for a sketch pad but those things cost alot of money and I just don't sketch good enough to afford one. When I do sketch I do it on paper and then scan it in and color it. The above "painting" was free hand (no underlying sketch). My clouds are getting better but I have too much blue in this one. The grass is a green airbrush with noise added and then a motion blur to give it the illusion of blades of grass.
    At http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=wacom&x=0&y=0 you can get a Intuos3 4x6 for $209.00. I've had the Intuos3 6x8 for a couple years now and it makes life a lot easier. I don't know if you've bought from Newegg or not. Over the last 10 years I've bought thousands of dollars of hardware from them . GREAT people to do business with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. You order in the morning and it goes out that day. Cheap shipping too.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Here is something I was playing with the other night. Still not that great but I feel I'm making progress.

I'm guessing your couch pillows were smoldering and you set them out on the lawn.
    :p

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I'm guessing your couch pillows were smoldering and you set them out on the lawn.
    :p
    Something like that... I guess I could have taken the liquify tool to it and had a Dali moment.

C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Something like that... I guess I could have taken the liquify tool to it and had a Dali moment.
    A man of many surprising talents but a bit of madness would produce wonders in your style !

And as an aside.
    ................................The Butterfly
    by Nikos Kazantzakis (1885-1957) from Zorba the Greek]

I remember one morning when I discovered a cocoon in the back of a
    tree just as a butterfly was making a hole in its case and preparing
    to come out. I waited awhile, but it was too long appearing and I was
    impatient. I bent over it and breathed on it to warm it. I warmed it as
    quickly as I could and the miracle began to happen before my eyes,
    faster than life. The case opened; the butterfly started slowly
    crawling out, and I shall never forget my horror when I saw how its
    wings were folded back and crumpled; the wretched butterfly tried
    with its whole trembling body to unfold them. Bending over it, I tried
    to help it with my breath, in vain.
    It needed to be hatched out patiently and the unfolding of the wings
    should be a gradual process in the sun. Now it was too late. My
    breath had forced the butterfly to appear all crumpled, before its time.
    It struggled desperately and, a few seconds later, died in the palm of
    my hand.

That little body is, I do believe, the greatest weight I have on my
    conscience. For I realize today that it is a mortal sin to violate the
    great laws of nature. We should not hurry, we should not be
    impatient, but we should confidently obey the external rhythm.

"I sat on a rock to absorb this New Years's thought. Ah, if only that little butterfly could always flutter before me to
    show me the way."

Hope you know I was just kidding. I tried this once and was awful at it. Yours is actually quite nice.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Hope you know I was just kidding. I tried this once and was awful at it. Yours is actually quite nice.

Yup.
    I figured you were kidding and thinks for the kind words. Keep trying the first times I tried at to paint was horrible but you can of get a better feel for things after a while.

C. S. Lewis

I haven't watched South Park in a very long time, yet that was for some reason the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture. :o
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"