Thread: Someone please help me understand...

1. #1 Someone please help me understand... 
    the liberal's viewpoint on California Prop 8.

I understand the why they oppose Prop 8 in and of itself; it is the position that they are taking on the ammending a State Constitution that baffles me.

I thought that liberals wanted a living breathing constitution that could be easily ammended and open for interpretation even when not ammended.

Now they are screaming the California Constitution can not and should not be ammended by the People. They had (have) activist judges rule in their favor according to (their belief) the Caifornia Constitution. The reaction was an initiative to change the Constitution. The People have spoken, the Constitution should be ammended.

Aren't constitutional ammendments and a "living document" staples of the left?

I am confused. Please help.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Quote Originally Posted by KCornett View Post
    the liberal's viewpoint on California Prop 8.

I understand the why they oppose Prop 8 in and of itself; it is the position that they are taking on the ammending a State Constitution that baffles me.

I thought that liberals wanted a living breathing constitution that could be easily ammended and open for interpretation even when not ammended.

Now they are screaming the California Constitution can not and should not be ammended by the People. They had (have) activist judges rule in their favor according to (their belief) the Caifornia Constitution. The reaction was an initiative to change the Constitution. The People have spoken, the Constitution should be ammended.

Aren't constitutional ammendments and a "living document" staples of the left?

I am confused. Please help.
    Don't try to make sense of Libs...It'll just give ya a headache...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Liberals are like a cross between water and a chameleon. Not only do they change to suit whatever situation, like a chameleon, but they seek the level that best suits them, like water. They'll raise or lower their standards on themselves or anyone else as they please, propaganda-wise, legal-wise etc.

They want to be able to change the meaning of the constitution by changing the meaning of words used in it writing. Codifying the definition of a word in the constitution makes that neigh unto impossible.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.