Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Actually, the bible has changed a lot over the past 1700 years.

Martin Luther himself butchered it.

Different religious groups have changed words and contexts and even deleated whole books in order to push their own agendas.

Different cultures have reworded it.

Now we have 'feminist' bibles, 'inclusive language bibles', and bibles for every group you can think of.

The 'original bible' of ~ 350 that was put out by the Catholic Church just isn't around anymore.
    Sure it is .It's in the Vulgate and available, if hunted for.The Vatican has some of the earliest bible tracts of both the new and old testaments.Some tracts on scrolls in early Greek and Aramaic .They have old first century Torrah in Egyptian,Greek,Hebrew and Latin .

The word of GOD is always kept true somewhere in the world and resurfaces from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    So it's okay to indoctrinate children in public schools that being gay is OK. Many in the gay community are so hateful and intolerant...it's sickening that they have no respect for democracy or the freedom of speech.
    There are plenty on the other side of the argument that are just as - if not even MORE hateful.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

ya know - anyone who wants to take on a discussion about the theology of this issue - let me know. I'll be happy to take up the defense of Christians who suffer same sex attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    There are plenty on the other side of the argument that are just as - if not even MORE hateful.
    I think the amount of hate is equal on both sides, but the left seems to always get a pass. Gay is not Ok according to scripture and pastors have every right to preach it. While it's OK to indoctrinate children that the gay lifestyle is OK, it's not OK for a pastor to teach according to the Bible...that doesn't make sense. Why should one group be held to different standards??

And just because people don't support the gay lifestyle doesn't make them hateful or intolerant. It's no different than being labeled a racist for voting republican. I think groups like gay activists should practice what they preach. I have yet to see any of them reach out to communities in a positive way to find a resolution, especially the minority neighborhoods.

I think the amount of hate is equal on both sides, but the left seems to always get a pass. Gay is not Ok according to scripture and pastors have every right to preach it. While it's OK to indoctrinate children that the gay lifestyle is OK, it's not OK for a pastor to teach according to the Bible...that doesn't make sense. Why should one group be held to different standards??

And just because people don't support the gay lifestyle doesn't make them hateful or intolerant. It's no different than being labeled a racist for voting republican. I think groups like gay activists should practice what they preach. I have yet to see any of them reach out to communities in a positive way to find a resolution, especially the minority neighborhoods.
    You might want to take me up on the offer to theologically discuss this issue if you are so very confident of your position on the issue. I will warn you that I have spent a great deal of time and energy researching and dividing the word on this issue and I'm confident of what I believe and why.

THAT BEING SAID - I think one of the biggest mistakes that the Church makes on this issue is not separating the behavior/actions from the attraction. By demonizing the attractions they have marginalized soooo many people when the scriptures do not support that position. So when people who have been marginalized and in their view oppressed - should we be surprised when they react negatively against those they believe - rightly or wrongly to be the ones oppressing them?

Well, now we've had a little peek at the next line of attack: no critical discussion of homosexual behavior because a gay child might overhear it. That will effectively shut everybody up.

Sexual sin may be more exciting than cheating on your taxes or gossiping about your neighbors but it's still just sinful. Churches exist for sinners and sinners kind of expect to get lectured in church about avoiding sin. You go to a football game and you pretty much expect to see football being played. You go to a bible believing church and sin is going to be a topic of conversation at some point.

Protesting that is like protesting to make football games look more ice skating.

I have yet to see any of them reach out to communities in a positive way to find a resolution, especially the minority neighborhoods.
    www.gaychristian.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You go to a bible believing church and sin is going to be a topic of conversation at some point.
    Actually - I expect love, forgiveness and salvation to be preached rather than sin.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Actually - I expect love, forgiveness and salvation to be preached rather than sin.
    How can one preach about forgiveness and salvation without also preaching about sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    How can one preach about forgiveness and salvation without also preaching about sin?
    simple - you make a very safe assumption - we are all sinners. With that assumption made - you need not even deal with specific sins or bother to mention any specific sin. You can then spend your time dealing with what we should do - what edifies and exhort people do to edifying things without needing to focus on sin.