Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Thank You Sweet Katherine 

Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric saved the voters of the United States from a devastating mistake and I’d like to personally thank her for doing here job as a first class journalist.

Above and beyond the call of duty, girl. Your interview(s) with Sarah Palin were, to the un-blinded, historical and kept my country from possibly turning the keys to the White House over to someone with the depth of a cat’s milk saucer. You let her shoot holes in her own boat and your wit showed us how without professional substance the Alaskan governor truly is.

I can only think that Walter is supremely proud of you and the clarity you brought once again to CBS.

Again, Thank You.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric saved the voters of the United States from a devastating mistake and I’d like to personally thank her for doing here job as a first class journalist.

Above and beyond the call of duty, girl. Your interview(s) with Sarah Palin were, to the un-blinded, historical and kept my country from possibly turning the keys to the White House over to someone with the depth of a cat’s milk saucer. You let her shoot holes in her own boat and your wit showed us how without professional substance the Alaskan governor truly is.

I can only think that Walter is supremely proud of you and the clarity you brought once again to CBS.

Again, Thank You.
    Eat shit and die, retread.

You're joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You're joking, right?
    He's not and I'm not.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You're joking, right?
    While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office. I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer. Which of Couric's questions do you (generic) feel were "unfair?" It was clear and fair that she would ask about the economic bailout which Palin transformed into Tina Fey's ticket to fame. Nothing surprising or unfair about the Supreme Court question, correct?

While people may say that Couric's "body language" was such that it revealed her dislike of Palin (and that may be true), Palin impaled herself with her completely inept answers to a set of fair, impartial, and expected questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office.
    :eek::eek::eek: (shock and dismay);)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

That should scare you, that you think only thing that saved you was interviews with the VP candidate.

With the GOP President at around 30%, economy tanking, and an unpopular war; Not to mention McCain; your messiah was put into power based on interviews with Palin.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    That should scare you, that you think only thing that saved you was interviews with the VP candidate.
    Please show us all the word "only' in my original statement.

McCain is war hero. You can’t really attack a war hero.

He’s old. You can only hint about him being old.

He voted with "W" 90% of the time - you can only use that so far.

But his choice of Palin was the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post

With the GOP President at around 30%, economy tanking, and an unpopular war; Not to mention McCain; your messiah was put into power based on interviews with Palin.
    No, with the financial crisis, McCain would have probably lost no matter whom he chose as a VP. However, pollls immediately before the election showed that Palin was probably costing him around 2% of the vote. The interviews referenced in the OP certainly contributed to that.