Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You're joking, right?
    I think he is trying to prove that malevolent irrationality is not just for the elite anymore. The messiah has brought it within the reach of even the lower class.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    No, with the financial crisis, McCain would have probably lost no matter whom he chose as a VP. However, pollls immediately before the election showed that Palin was probably costing him around 2% of the vote. The interviews referenced in the OP certainly contributed to that.
    With that financial crisis, the magic negro should have been able to pull off an Reagan type landslide, but McCain was able to stay close. Very close.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

I prefer my presidents elected by the people, with full knowledge of who that person is and what they stand for, not chosen for me by , and protected by, a mob (MSM) with vested interest in future reward, and not selected by people willing to sell their birthright of freedom for a couple thousand in tax breaks. If you think this man was the right choice to lead us you've got a few rivets loose.

So "they" say that Sarah cost McLame 2%?

Why do they fail to mention that she probably got him about 35%?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

I think "they" were ARG. The poll was run with two votes: (1) if you could vote for either Obama or McCain separate from their VP and (2) if you could vote for the Obama/Biden McCain/Palin ticket. The results showed the 2% difference between scenarios (1) and (2).

I think "they" were ARG. The poll was run with two votes: (1) if you could vote for either Obama or McCain separate from their VP and (2) if you could vote for the Obama/Biden McCain/Palin ticket. The results showed the 2% difference between scenarios (1) and (2).
    It still fails to mention the fact that she brought him far more votes than she cost him.

While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office. I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer. Which of Couric's questions do you (generic) feel were "unfair?" It was clear and fair that she would ask about the economic bailout which Palin transformed into Tina Fey's ticket to fame. Nothing surprising or unfair about the Supreme Court question, correct?

While people may say that Couric's "body language" was such that it revealed her dislike of Palin (and that may be true), Palin impaled herself with her completely inept answers to a set of fair, impartial, and expected questions.
    Yeah, it's easy to make someone look unready for national office when you edit the interview to eliminate intelligent responses. Think that Couric would've done the same to Biden, who is far less ready? And while you're at it, why not mention how ABC edited out her responses to Charlie Gibson to make her seem clueless? You're celebrating the worst kind of media bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Please show us all the word "only' in my original statement.

McCain is war hero. You can’t really attack a war hero.
    And yet, they did. Remember Wesley Clark's attack on his record? Or this Huffington Post hatchet job?
    He’s old. You can only hint about him being old.
    Yeah, it's not like Newsweek would have questioned his age, or CBS news. And don't get me started on the late night comics, those bastions of propriety who would never, ever make a joke at the expense of McCain's age. Never...
    He voted with "W" 90% of the time - you can only use that so far.
    Yeah, like in every other answer during the debates.
    But his choice of Palin was the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. :D
    Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility! And those 130 "present" votes in the Illinois legislature just demonstrate how tough that job really is. And don't get me started about his almost two years in the senate. The man is a dynamo, I tell you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

For the same reason that he fails to mention everything that I pointed out above. Liberals aren't content with victory, they have to destroy their enemies.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to make someone look unready for national office when you edit the interview to eliminate intelligent responses. Think that Couric would've done the same to Biden, who is far less ready? And while you're at it, why not mention how ABC edited out her responses to Charlie Gibson to make her seem clueless? You're celebrating the worst kind of media bias.
    I went to your Couric source and they edited out one phrase and mis-transcribed one word, "ill" vs "all." The edit really doesn't change the total ineptitude of her answer to that question (as even your source indirectly admits).

Also, the refernced article, just like many here, states that Couric asked Palin "gotcha" questions which she wouldn't have asked Biden (for example). I ask again, which of her questions were "gotcha" questions, i.e., questions that should not have been asked of a VP candidate? I've asked that same question here since the Couric interview and received no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility!
    Well, apparently Major - since the previous DNC, where he was asked to speak, quite a bit. He focused his machine on areas and communities that needed to get the Democratic vote out and was able to switch resources and allocate them where he was falling behind.

You as a military man can surely understand that logic.

His party and its organization were able to react quickly and move in artillery behind the enemy, making them look like Saddam’s forces in Gulf I. Again - McCain’s strategy in this last election is doomed to become a museum piece of a lost campaign.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Well, apparently Major - since the previous DNC, where he was asked to speak, quite a bit. He focused his machine on areas and communities that needed to get the Democratic vote out and was able to switch resources and allocate them where he was falling behind.

You as a military man can surely understand that logic.

His party and its organization were able to react quickly and move in artillery behind the enemy, making them look like Saddam’s forces in Gulf I. Again - McCain’s strategy in this last election is doomed to become a museum piece of a lost campaign.
    Obama's machine enjoyed a 5:1 finance advantage, the complete submission of the mainstream media, a financial crisis that destroyed support for the incumbent party and a meltdown of congressional Republicans two years earlier and he eked out a 5% lead in the national vote. With that kind of wind at his back, he should have had a double-digit lead. His campaign won in spite of his leadership, not because of it, and McCain ran what was probably the best possible campaign under the circumstances.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!