Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to make someone look unready for national office when you edit the interview to eliminate intelligent responses. Think that Couric would've done the same to Biden, who is far less ready? And while you're at it, why not mention how ABC edited out her responses to Charlie Gibson to make her seem clueless? You're celebrating the worst kind of media bias.

And yet, they did. Remember Wesley Clark's attack on his record? Or this Huffington Post hatchet job?

Yeah, it's not like Newsweek would have questioned his age, or CBS news. And don't get me started on the late night comics, those bastions of propriety who would never, ever make a joke at the expense of McCain's age. Never...

Yeah, like in every other answer during the debates.

Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility! And those 130 "present" votes in the Illinois legislature just demonstrate how tough that job really is. And don't get me started about his almost two years in the senate. The man is a dynamo, I tell you!

For the same reason that he fails to mention everything that I pointed out above. Liberals aren't content with victory, they have to destroy their enemies.
    The reason is that they, all Progressives, fear Sarah in the next election and they are trying their damnest to bury her is a shower of false liberal Bull Sh*T .

She is a tough cookie and will learn the ropes and will run stronger and smarter than ever.She puts an end to any of Hillary's hopes for the White House and already has some national acceptance as a viable presidential candidate.

Her record is clean despite the carp they tried to smear her with and she has exposed a whole pile of underground progressive liberals in the media and public eye in the process.They will be battling her again in the next cycle when the Boy Blunder screws up America so badly there won't be much left,if we can survive him ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The reason is that they, all Progressives, fear Sarah in the next election and they are trying their damnest to bury her is a shower of false liberal Bull Sh*T.
    I donít fear the governor. What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean. If you canít even equate to fifth graderís knowledge of the worldís land masses that's a hell of a lot more frightening than the first black president.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I donít fear the governor. What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean. If you canít even equate to fifth graderís knowledge of the worldís land masses that's a hell of a lot more frightening than the first black president.

You can honestly say you don't fear Biden having that seat of power? What is his knowledge? He does not come across as too bright!
    And the top dog, Obama has no qualifications at ALL to be in that seat of power you are so worried about.
    Governors have become presidents before. Ths is a first, a community organizer!!! You should be terrified.

Using your analogy, they are like a rubber ducky in a storm!

At least McCain and Palin would have had American interests at heart.

: ďGrow your own dope. Plant a liberal.Ē
    Ē Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Nobody here is frightened by Obama's fleshtone, and trying to make this into a racial issue is beneath even you. If you want make the claim that you want the person in the White House to have a greater knowledge of geography than a fifth grader, then perhaps you can tell us just how many of the 50 states Obama said that he'd visited during the campaign?

I'll give you a hint, it's more than 50.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    At least McCain and Palin would have had American interests at heart.
    Itís a great deal more likely Biden will croak before Obama. That couldnít be said for the Republican side.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Nobody here is frightened by Obama's fleshtone, and trying to make this into a racial issue is beneath even you. If you want make the claim that you want the person in the White House to have a greater knowledge of geography than a fifth grader, then perhaps you can tell us just how many of the 50 states Obama said that he'd visited during the campaign?

I'll give you a hint, it's more than 50.
    Now there ARE 57 Islamic states. He was just showing his true colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office. I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer. Which of Couric's questions do you (generic) feel were "unfair?" It was clear and fair that she would ask about the economic bailout which Palin transformed into Tina Fey's ticket to fame. Nothing surprising or unfair about the Supreme Court question, correct?

While people may say that Couric's "body language" was such that it revealed her dislike of Palin (and that may be true), Palin impaled herself with her completely inept answers to a set of fair, impartial, and expected questions.
    I disagree that the Couric interview "enlightened" many. Intead, I believe it gave plausible cover for those that would reject her anyway. I know of nobody that honestly changed their vote from one of support for McCain, to support of Obama because of Palin. Couric did not attempt to report the news about Palin through that interview, she and her producers instead attempted to create news.

Patent Member
    :eek::eek::eek: (shock and dismay);)
    I suppose it's better than your cover homoerotic "oh snap"

I feel we're making some headway on this. Maybe LP will someday be willing to admit he pulled the lever for Obama to spite the troops he claims to support.

What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean.
    Well, guess what LP...your fear is about to come true on January 20, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I feel we're making some headway on this. Maybe LP will someday be willing to admit he pulled the lever for Obama to spite the troops he claims to support.
    You have made this same accusation dozens of times previously and as many times I have said I voted for John McCain in the 2008 presidential race - out of a sense of loyalty to my deceased father, an MCPO with the USN, that happened to serve with said candidate.

If you wish to continue shitting on the memory of Chief Duffy - do so at the risk of offending others in this forum serving presently and veterans that have served. He served your country for well over 306,000 hours and if you want to take a shit on that - feel free to do so. He paid for your privilege to do so. I honored my commitment to place a vote for him and if you refuse to believe that - then you’re much smaller piece of shit than you think.

Remember what day it is - biccat.