Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 179
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight Socialism View Post
    Well 44-46% of whites voted for Obama, Latino's, Asians, all voted for Obama and Obama carried Iowa a state that couldn't get any whiter if it tried.
    And why did they vote that way? Was it because color mattered or because cause mattered? I had a half a dozen women I knew who were 110% percent for Clinton. Why? Because she was a woman and it was "our turn". Could there possibly be a more sexist reason to vote for somebody? Some of them voted for Obama because he was a stand-in non-white male for them. He wasn't the girl but he was the closest they were going to get this go around.

    I vote on behavior. I don't care if you are a white woman who shoots, bakes from scratch, lives next door to me, and spends her free-time designing Collie jet-packs - if you embrace political and policy positions that go against my own reason, I won't vote for you.

    That's the difference. I vote using reason and a lot of people vote using emotion.

    (Good job doing newbie stuff! This is exactly what CU was designed to do! We're a debate board, not an echo board. ;) )
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    and spends her free-time designing Collie jet-packs
    Holy shit - what a visual! :eek::p:D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  3. #23  
    Now BC you know we've been found out.

    Doesn't racist begin with "R"?

    Republican starts with "R" too!!!

    I'm gonna stop wasting time and root them racist republicans out of this Conservative movement so they will win black votes.

    Makes perfect sense.
     

  4. #24  
    BSR
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Holy shit - what a visual! :eek::p:D


    I do have some designs.


     

  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Holy shit - what a visual! :eek::p:D
    I think Gingersnap is the designer. I believe some come with an attached flame thrower, but I could be wrong
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
     

  6. #26  
    These are times in which a genius would wish to live. It is not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed. [Abigail Adams]

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I love this one.
    From the wife of a president who jailed people for criticizing him.
    Liberals never change.
     

  7. #27  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by quirites View Post
    These are times in which a genius would wish to live. It is not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed. [Abigail Adams]

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I love this one.
    From the wife of a president who jailed people for criticizing him.
    Liberals never change.
    Federalists, Adams wasn't a whig !
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I think Gingersnap is the designer. I believe some come with an attached flame thrower, but I could be wrong


    Iím not worthy - beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  9. #29  
    Bugs Bunny died for your sins.
     

  10. #30  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight Socialism View Post
    Well 44-46% of whites voted for Obama, Latino's, Asians, all voted for Obama and Obama carried Iowa a state that couldn't get any whiter if it tried.
    Iowa is fairly populated with both blacks and hispanics.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •