Thread: Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post

1. #1 Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post 
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...adership-post/

Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post
    The former Maryland lieutenant governor is considering a run for the chairmanship of the Republican Party, a source close to the situation told FOX News.
    By Bill Sammon

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Michael Steele, former lieutenant governor of Maryland, has decided to run for the chairmanship of the Republican National Committee and is in talks with Newt Gingrich to win the former House speaker's endorsement, FOX News learned Tuesday.

Steele declined to comment, but a source close to the situation said Steele would announce his candidacy as early as Thursday.

The source also contradicted a report in Tuesday's Washington Times that Steele and Gingrich were competing for the RNC post.

"There is no fight," the source said. "This tension between Michael Steele and Newt Gingrich is totally fabricated and, in fact, Gingrich and Steele are working together to create a new strategy for the direction of the GOP."

In a statement issued by the former House speaker, Gingrich said he was not interested in seeking the post of Republican Party chairman.

"A number of people have asked me to consider running for Republican National Committee chair. They have been very flattering, and I am very honored by their support," he said.

"However, my job as an American first is to develop a tri-partisan approach to developing solutions for the challenges we face. I use the word tri-partisan to designate the concept of attracting Democrats, Republicans, and independents to solutions that unify most Americans."

Meanwhile, Steele is said to be hoping that his entry into the race will scare off other hopefuls, including current RNC chairman Mike Duncan.

Others vying for the post include Chip Saltsman, who chaired Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign.
    Some VERY good news. :)

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I'll be honest, I don't know this guy.

I know the selection of the new leader of the RNC is vitally important. It's not like I have a notion of who it should be. It's a big decision and I expect it to be made fairly soon.

Should be interesting. I'll take your word onSteele.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Can't say I know much about the guy either, but if he gets Newt's support then this may be promising.

What I know about Steele I like - I just have to wonder if he is the leader the party needs. . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What I know about Steele I like - I just have to wonder if he is the leader the party needs. . . . .
    I think if freaken BRILLIANT, if he stays true to his conservative roots and he is black he can attack the Magic negro at will and never be called a racist. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I think if freaken BRILLIANT, if he stays true to his conservative roots and he is black he can attack the Magic negro at will and never be called a racist. :D
    please! they will still call him racist. they'll call him a self hating negro and an oreo and any one of dozens of other names the left has for conservative blacks.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Are you aware of Justice Thomas? Secretary of State Rice? Any other non-white conservative?

They get more racist attacks in a year than the Obamessiah can hope to receive in his life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Are you aware of Justice Thomas? Secretary of State Rice? Any other non-white conservative?

They get more racist attacks in a year than the Obamessiah can hope to receive in his life.

Bah the more they do that the more it will prove that they are the racists. While they do that to the likes of Justice Thomas has it lessened him? as a jurist? NOPE. Just made him and others tougher. Only time will tell but like I said it will be easer for a black man to say negative things about the magic negro then say a white.

Besides this man sounds like he is made of sterner stuff.